PART 25 Answers

"soooo, can I come in?" I ask before I give a closed-mouthed smile, looking at Doc through the hole she has now increased with the second shot. She looked at me for a moment with furrowed eyebrows. But then she rubbed her face with her hand and sighed, motioning for us to come in as she set the shotgun against the wall. I look back at Nat and she nodded.

"Missed me?" I say as I step in, trying to lift the mood a bit. But, she just glanced at me and rolled her eyes.

"I already told you that I can't help you. So what are you doing here?" She asked as she made her way to her kitchen, Nat and I following.

"Uhm trying to change your mind? I just have some questions and I'm sure we can help you too I ju-" I started talking before Nat interrupted me.

"You work for Hydra, so help us or we'll get you to be a doctor in a high-security prison within 5 minutes. And I don't mean working there as a doctor." Nat said to her, her face neutral and her voice monotonous.

"I-uhm" Doc trembled over her words, clearly taken back by my sister's words / slight threat. "I don't work for Hydra" she finally says when she finds her words.

"What do you mean? So you're not the one who used my sister as a needle pillow?" Nat asked before I could.

"No i-well-yes, but it wasn't voluntary! I was forced, just like I'm forced not to help you guys."

"I KNEW IT!" I shout a bit loud after hearing she was forced to be there. My intuitions are spot on. "What do they have on you?" I asked after I retrieved myself again.

She raised her head to make eye contact with me. "Everything." She dropped the stare and turned around, grabbing a glass out of her kitchen cupboard. "My career is all I have, I never intended to work for them, they tricked me. And now, I can't leave."

"That's not true. We can help you. Right?" I looked at Nat for agreeing, but she just tilted her head a bit. "We can probably help you." I reshaped my previous sentence.

"Yeah okay, really convincing." She filled her glass with water and took a sip, hugging her own body with her free arm.

"Look, I just want to know why me and what was it they injected me." I almost begged her, I was even close to getting down on my knees. "they'll never know we've been here, I promise."

She glanced back up and sighed. "I do not know much." She started talking. "Before you got there, there were other subjects. All similar, military background, good health, things like that. But no one was successful. They needed someone else, someone stronger, mentally and physically. That's when you get in the picture, literally. They saw you on the surveillance footage, drunk in some alley. Face recognition signaled you. Yn Romanoff, RedRoom, successful until her sudden disappearance with her sister. You were alone, drunk, fragile. But, you had a background of being strong and able to do things that normal people cannot. The perfect test subject for them. " She answered my first question. And uh, Wow. Okay. I didn't know what she was going to give as reasons. But fragile? I know I wasn't really in the best headspace, but I didn't know I radiated that.

"What was in the serum. That, I don't know."

"You- you don't know?" I looked at her in disbelief. "Why don't you know?"

"I didn't make it, I didn't ask questions, I just did what was asked of me. As much as I hated it." She explained, taking another sip from her drink.

I can't believe this. I quickly get up from my chair and walk to her front door. giving her an, 'i gotta go', before I walk out the door with the hole. She didn't even know. She didn't know what was in the serum. All she knew was they chose me because I was fucking fragile.

When I'm outside, I run my hands through my hair and rest them on top of my head, breathing deeply in and out. I turn back and forth a few times, trying to keep my calm. "I'm fucked" I chuckle to myself.

"Are you finally losing your mind and talking to your imaginary friends now?" Nat heard her voice behind me. I turned and looked at her with glowing blue eyes. "Woops sorry" She raised her forenames in surrender.

"This isn't funny Nat, I'm back to zero. The only thing I know now is that I'm an easy target, so that's fun!" I say with a sarcastic tone at the end.

"You're not at zero. We know more now, we know she wasn't there voluntarily. Looks like you were right on that one" She said, I guess in an attempt to make me feel better. Spoiler, not really working.

"Wow yeah, Yay me" I turn myself around and walk back to the car.I hear Nat walking behind me and saying things, but I don't feel like focusing on that. I just let myself zone out and walk on auto-pilot to the car. I just want to be alone with my thoughts right now.

So I did. Even the ride back to the tower. The only things I used to communicate with Nat were the occasional hum and nod or shake, not really knowing what she said, so I alternated a bit. A nod, A hum, A nod, A shake. I didn't even realize we were back at the tower until Nat opened my door.

"come on, start thinking in your room and not in my car," She said as she pointed to the front door of the tower. I just hummed and got out of the car. "And stop with the stupid humming!"

"Yeah okay, I'll see you later," I say to her as I walk to the door.

"bring a better mood then please," she says quickly so that I can hear it before I step inside the tower. This day sucked. I just want to sleep. And Wanda. God, I would kill for a hug from her now. I made my way to my room, the halls of the tower silent as everybody was probably already asleep. When I arrived I tried my best to carefully open the door to not wake anybody up, but these things really creak. So now it's just one long uncomfortable creak.

"... Yn? That you?" Wanda's sleepy voice spoke from inside my room. A smile immediately formed on my face. She's in my bed, waiting for me. This is what I needed. My day started good, then it was fucking bad, and now I've got Wanda back, making it good again.I walk in and close the door a little faster behind me, making only a short creak.

"Yeah? Sorry, did I wake you up?" I whisper as I walk in and throw my coat on the couch.

"Kinda" she chuckled. "But it's okay, you can ... sometimes"

"Duly noted" I chuckled while dressing in the bathroom to go to sleep. After a while, I come out and I see that Wanda has not fallen asleep yet, but Lord has put right against the court end.

"How was your day with Nat?" She asked, looking at me, genuinely curious about how my day went. It was cute.

"exhausting ... To say the least" I answer honestly as I crawl into bed next to her, snuggling close to her.

"How come?" She wrapped her arm around me, pulling me closer. my body immediately relaxing in her embrace.

"I ran into an old friend. I wanted to catch up with her, but she didn't have much to say." I replied, giving a yawn. Hoping that she would resolve the topic. She kissed me on the head and squeezed me a bit.

"Well, I could talk to you for forever, however, right now you sound tired." She chuckled against my head. "Goodnight bubs"

"Goodnight Wands"