PART 10 Where is she

The morning after the party.

"Goooooood morning, " I announced cheerfully as I entered the kitchen where most of the team was having their breakfast.

"don't .... make .... such ... loud .... noises" Peter groaned as he dropped his head into his hands. "I'm never, drinking again"

"Looks like someone here has their first hangover, just take an Ibuprofen, it works miracles," I reacted as I sat down at the table next to Nat, who looked at me quizzically.

"You're so cheerful this morning? What's wrong." She asked skeptically while handing me the jar filled with orange juice.

"I just slept really well, didn't even wake up once! I feel so energetic and I just know today will be a really good day!" I responded as I fill my glass with the juice and drink it. "literally, Nothing can ruin this day!"

...

Butttttt, not even a second after I said that statement, Tony rushed into the kitchen with a worried look on his face, making everybody turn their heads in his direction. I sighed, already knowing I jinxed my good day.

"Tell me RoboCop, What is it that is gonna ruin my good mood." I leaned back into my chair as I bit in my apple.

"They got Wanda."

My face dropped at his sentence.

"What do you mean, who is they? Where is she ?!" I quickly jumped up from my chair and advanced towards him. "Tony, Where is Wanda ??"

"i-uh-i don't know, we were in town, and all of a sudden we were surrounded. I didn't even have time to see who it was, let alone activate my suit. They knocked us out. When I regained my consciousness, Wanda ... was just gone. " he answered as he explained to us what happened in a trembling voice, grabbing his hair with both hands.

"Tony, calm down, we'll find her. It's not your fault." Already holding his shield, Steve patted him on his shoulder before looking at us all. ".... Let's find Maximoff."

Everyone immediately got up and made their way into a kind of room I had never been in before, there were about a dozen monitors on the wall playing recorded surveillance. I stood watching with my arms holding my waist, trying to watch everything on every monitor at the same time. Where is she. My focus was broken for a split second when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"We'll find her. Don't worry" Nat's voice was heard next to me as she was looking at the surveillance herself.

"I'm not worried," I replied, trying to convince myself to that at the same time as I gripped my waist tighter. Literally, anyone else could've been taken, anyone, but no. They had to pick one of the few people I actually liked. "SHE CAN'T JUST BE GONE!" I banged down on the table in front of me, making a little crack in it. I glanced at my hand and saw that it had a blue glow surrounding it. "I'm sorry ... i-uh I didn't mean to" I breathed as I tried my best to make the glow disappear. "It's just that-", I started to speak while I glanced to the monitors and noticed a red glow coming from an alley on one of them. "...THERE! THAT'S WANDA! PAUSE IT!" I pointed to the screen.

Tony immediately did as I told, and zoomed in on the glow. "... I can't remember being in this alley?" He said as he studied the paused frame with a confused look.

"That's good, right? That must mean she escaped?" I replied with optimism as I turned to Nat and Steve, but they avoided looking at me. "...Right?" I repeated.

"We don't know enough to know that, Yn. It could be, but other things could have happened too. At least we now know where she's been, that's good. Steve and I will go there, You and Tony stay here and keep looking at these recordings, see if you can find anything else." Nat responded in an attempt to what looked like give me orders?

"Yeah. No." I answered before I stepped out of the room and grabbed my jacket to leave the tower.

"Yn? Uh, YN?" Nat's voice spoke behind me. "Where do you think you're going ??"

"To that alley? I'm really not going to stay here and 'HOPE' I find something, Peter can do that, he has no energy to go out anyway. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to find Wanda." I replied as I walked through the front door and started walking to the alley Wanda was last seen in.

No one from the tower followed me to stop me or change my mind, which was good. What was my sister thinking? That I just sat quietly in a chair instead of actually looking for her? I swear to god, the moment I put my hands around the people who took Wanda, they'll wish they were never born.

I had been walking for a few minutes ... maybe I underestimated the distance I would be walking. All of a sudden I heard a honk next to me. "Get in idiot, that alley is 6 blocks away"

Nat's voice spoke from the driver's side of the car through the window.

"you really care about her huh," Nat asked me as she was driving the car I had just entered.

"yeah, she's become a good friend" I answer as I looked through the passenger side window searching for anything that can give us a lead.

"uhu right," Nat murmured in response.

"What? Do you think I can't make friends?" I looked at her with frowned eyebrows.

"No it's not that, it just seemed you weren't just friends yesterday. The sneaking away together and seeing you get all flustered every time she got a little too close" Nat responded while glancing at me, smirking.

"That's not - I don't? I already told you I haven't been feeling so good lately." I replied while trying to kill her weird hunch.

"Oh c'mon! You really can't be that unaware? How do you feel when you're with her?" She questioned as she pulled the car into the alley.

"Nat, with all due respect. I'm absolutely not going to have this conversation with you." I unbuckled my seatbelt and got out of the car.

"Just trying to keep my promise to be a good sister." Nat leaned on her roof with one arm as she closed her door with the other.

"Rightttt" I replied before looking around the deserted alley. There was nothing to see in it, just some garbage bags and trash lying next to it. I walked to the spot where Wanda's blast would have been fired and looked down. As I did this, I noticed the remains of her blast burned into the ground. At first sight, it just seemed like a random burnt spot, but I saw something in it, something that seemed familiar to me, but I didn't know from where.

"Nat, come look at this," I asked my sister to do as I walked around the mark. "Do you know what this is?" I questioned as I still tried to think of where I knew the familiar mark from. She walked up to the burned spot and froze. "What? What is it??"

"Hydra."