2

John closed the twin's bedroom door as he sighed softly. "Happy birthday you two." He whispered. He checked on Swan and Viktor, seeing them asleep on the couch in his room. He smiled softly before going to Aero's room. He knocked softly. "Aero? You okay mate?" He asked softly. He didn't hear an answer. "Aero?" He called out again. No answer. "I'm coming in."

He slowly opened the door. "Aero?" He asked out. He looked around slowly, his wings up slightly in alert. The room appeared empty. The bed was neatly made, the windows open, allowing a breeze to push the curtains. A single candle was lit at the desk. John looked around again. "Aero?"

He looked at the window before he sighed deeply. "Fuck.." He whispered out before he quickly ran outside. "Aero!!" He yelled, his hands cupped around his mouth. "Aero! Where are you!?" He yelled out again. He didn't hear a response. He quickly took his cape off as his wings spread out. He took off into the sky as he looked around. "Aero!!" He yelled again, getting a better advantage point. Wilbur lifted his head as he heard his father's yelling. He glanced at his brother to find him still asleep before he got out of bed quickly and quietly.

He ran outside to see his father frantically flying around. "Dad!! What's going on?" He asked, spreading his wings. He was about to take flight before he saw his father land before him. "Aero is gone. I need to go look for him." He said quickly. "W-Wait, you're leaving? You just got back!" Wilbur said as he stared at him.

"I know. I know, I promised I would stay this time, but I need to find Aero. I want you to stay here and protect your brother. Protect each other. Can you do that for me, Wilbur?" He asked as he cupped the boys face. Wilbur slowly nodded. He felt his father kiss his forehead before he hugged him tightly. "I love you. Both of you. I promise, as soon as I find him, I'll come home permanently." He told him as he held him close. "You better keep this promise..." Wilbur whispered. John nodded. "I will. You have my word."

He slowly let go of his father before he saw him take off again. He glanced over at his discarded coat as he picked it up. He held it close and looked back up at his father, only to find him gone. "Wilbur? What's with all the yelling?" Viktor said tiredly as he rubbed his eyes. Wilbur turned back towards the house. "Get back inside Viktor." He said softly as he looked back at the sky. He clutched the coat to his chest before slowly turning towards the house.

"Go back to sleep." He told Viktor softly, approaching the porch. Viktor crossed his arms. "Well I'm awake now.." He said with a groan. Wilbur sighed softly. "Then you and I can stay up together until the others wake up." He said quietly as he walked inside. "How do you guys have wings? I want wings." He said as Wilbur started to make a fire. The older boy chuckled.

"I was born with them." He said softly. Viktor sat down by the fire. "Tell me about yourself Viktor. I heard you and Zak talking but I never really got to talk to you." He said softly. Viktor crossed his arms again. "Swan and I have known each other since we were babies. He lives with his dad, I stay there most of the time."

"I thought he said you guys don't have parents."

"I don't, Swan does. But he's never around. So he just says he doesn't have any parents." Viktor explained as he played with his shirt. "Where do you live?" Wilbur asked. "In a box. I've made it very homey, if you need to ask." Viktor proclaimed. Wilbur smiled and chuckled. "I like your adittude. You don't act like a child."

"What the hell, I'm not a child! I'm 10 years old!" Viktor yelled. Wilbur hushed him softly as he chuckled. "10 years old is still a child." He reminded him. Viktor groaned as he looked away. "What about you? I know you two and Father Bird all have wings, but what's your story?" He asked. Wilbur laughed at Viktor calling his father "Father Bird"

"Well, Zak and I are twins. We've moved across the country a few times before finally deciding to settle here." He said softly. "Why here? Why did you move all the time?" Viktor asked curiously. "Our father was a survivalist. He would travel around, trying to find the best place to settle down. We would occupy a house for months before moving away again once he found a better place to live. Finally, he found this open area in the forest."