7

Zak sat on a tree branch next to Star as the moon rose in the sky. He had his head on Star's shoulder, his eyes closed as his good wing was wrapped around the older male. "Tired?" Star asked quietly. Zak slowly nodded. "It's late. I need to get home..." He said as he lifted his head. "Alright, I'll walk you home." Star said softly. Zak sat up before he looked at him. "Do you want to stay the night?" He asked quietly.

Star looked at him, slightly surprised before smiling. "Yeah, of course." He said. Zak smiled. "Great! Lets get going then!" He said happily. Star hopped down before helping the younger down. "Will your brother be mad?" He asked softly. Zak froze slightly before sighing. "He'll get over it."

As they walked back, Zak noticed the festival starting to be cleaned up. They walked hand in hand back to the house. "I think everyone is asleep so we need to be quiet." He whispered. Zak led him inside as Star's eyes widened. "Whoa...." He whispered. Zak looked at him and smiled. "Cool huh? It's a lot bigger on the inside then it is on the outside."

"Yeah it is. This is incredible!"

Zak chuckled. "I'm glad you like it. My father and Aero built it about 11 years ago now? Maybe it's been 12..." He said softly as he led him upstairs. He peaked into his room to see Viktor asleep on Wilbur's old bed. "Vik's asleep." He whispered to Star before he walked in. He slipped his shirt off as Star walked in after him. He glanced at Zak's back, seeing his wings.

"Did I ever tell you how much I love your wings?" He said suddenly. Zak turned towards him before blushing and turning away. "They're nothing compared to Wilbur's..." He said quietly as he slipped a shirt on. Star sighed as he walked over, sitting on the bed. "Stop comparing yourself to him. You're different then he is." He said softly. Zak looked at him before he sighed quietly.

"You're right. It's just hard sometimes..." He said as he sat next to him. Star wrapped his arm around him, kissing his cheek softly. "I'll help you if you need it." He offered. Zak smiled and rested his head on his shoulder. "Thanks Harley..." He whispered. Star blushed at the boy using his real name. "You're welcome."

Then Zak slowly laid down, bringing the boy with him. "Lets get some sleep." He said with a yawn. Star looked up at him and smiled. "Good night Zak." He said. Zak reached for his hand. "Good night...."

Viktor's eyes shot open as he sat up in a rush. He panted hard as his body was covered in sweat. "Z-Zak-" He quickly turned to the older male's bed, only to freeze when he saw two bodies in the bed. He noticed one of them was Star as he slowly let out a sigh. He glanced at Zak before he looked away slightly. He slowly stood up and quietly left the room before going downstairs.

He walked out onto the porch before he sat down slowly. He groaned before he laid down, closing his eyes. "Oh piss..." He murmured. He heard the door open before he felt a presence curl up next to him. He lifted his head before he saw Cleo curled up against him. "Oh, h-hey there." He said as he slowly sat up. She lifted her head before she slowly curled up in his lap. "O-Oh.." He said quietly.

"Bad dream?" He asked. She nodded slowly as she kept her head on his chest. "I didn't want to wake Daddy up..." She whispered. Viktor sighed softly. "Well, you can stay here with me until you fall asleep again." He said as he leaned against the house. "Thanks Uncle Viktor.." She whispered with a quiet yawn. He glanced at her, seeing her fall asleep. "Good night girlie." He whispered before he sighed and closed his eyes. "Goodnight..."

As the sun started to show, Star opened his eyes. He slowly lifted his head to look out the window. He sighed quietly as he looked down at Zak. The boy had his face hidden in the pillow, his good wing wrapped around himself like a blanket. Star smiled slightly before he leaned down to kiss the boy's head. Zak's eyes fluttered open as he looked up at him. "Morning." He whispered.

He closed his eyes and snuggled back into his pillow. "Morning.." He whispered back. He leaned down to kiss his head again. "I need to go back home before my grandma wakes up." He whispered as he started to get up. "Wait." Zak said as he grabbed his hand. Star looked back over at him before Zak carefully pulled him down to kiss him. "Be safe okay?" He asked softly. Star nodded. "I will." He whispered as he leaned down to kiss him again.

"Go back to sleep." He whispered, Zak murmuring in response. He slowly got out of bed before he headed out of the house. He noticed Viktor and Cleo asleep outside. He carefully leaned down to shake Viktor. The male groaned before he lifted his head. "The hell do you want?" He asked, once he noticed who it was. "You can go upstairs if you'd like. I'm leaving." He said softly.

"Finally you prick." He said as he started sitting up, taking Cleo with him. Star chuckled slightly as Viktor stood. "You hurt Zak in any way, I'll kill you. Got that dickhead?" He threatened, poking his chest. Star chuckled. "Understood." He said, his hands up in surrender. "Good. Now leave." He said threateningly. Star chuckled and waved goodbye before turning to leave. Viktor laid Cleo in her father's bed, the girl instantly curling up against his chest as Wilbur's wings covered them.

He walked back into his room to see Zak sitting up, stretching his back and wings. "Good morning." He said softly. Zak glanced at him. "How long have you been up?" He asked. "I slept outside. Had a nightmare but I didn't want to wake you and lover boy up." He said as he laid down on his bed. Zak sighed as he glanced at him. "You could've come to wake me. I would've stayed up with you."

Viktor stayed quiet. "I didn't want to bother you... You looked so peaceful with him and didn't want to deal with him." He admitted. Zak smiled softly as he slowly stood. He carefully went over to rub his head. "What do you want for breakfast?" He asked softly. Viktor turned his head to look up at him. "Eggs and bacon..." He said quietly. Zak nodded and smiled softly. "I'll go make you some then." He said softly. "Thank you Zak..." He whispered.

Zak nodded slowly as he went downstairs. He was met with Wilbur already making food, Swan in the dining room playing with Cleo. "Morning." He said softly. Wilbur turned towards him and smiled. "Morning sleepy head." He said as he ruffled his hair. Zak playfully moved his hand away. "Sleep good?" He asked, his twin nodding. "Uncle Zak!" Cleo said excitedly as she ran over to hug him. "Hey pretty girl! Good morning!" He said as he scooped her into his arms, hugging her. "Sleep good?" He asked.

"Yeah! Uncle Viktor and I slept outside together!"

"You what?" Wilbur asked quickly as he turned towards her. Her ears flattened quickly as his sudden voice raise. "Will, it's okay. Viktor said it was because the two of them had a bad dream. They weren't far, I promise." Zak answered for Cleo. Wilbur glanced at his daughter before sighing. "Come wake me next time you have a bad dream, okay sugar plum?" He asked. "Yes sir." She said softly. Zak smiled and kissed her head. "I've got your back." He whispered as he tickled her. She giggled before Zak looked over to see Viktor come downstairs

"Go say hi." He whispered. He put her down before she ran over to hug her. Viktor looked down at her before he sighed and picked her up. "Morning." He whispered. She smiled and hugged him tightly, him keeping her head on his shoulder. Zak smiled. "She's getting bigger by the minute." He said to Wilbur. "I know. She'll be the same size as us by the time she's 5." He said. "Are you serious?"

Wilbur nodded slowly. "She's growing at the speed of a deer. She'll be around the size of a teenager or an early adult once we're in our 20's. It's crazy, really." He said softly. "It is. You'll watch your little girl grow up all big and strong." He said. Wilbur nodded. "I need to teach her how to fight." He said softly as he sighed. Zak nodded before he looked out the window. "So, you and Star are a thing?" Wilbur asked suddenly. Zak looked over at him. "What do you mean?"

"I saw you two kiss during the dance."

Zak's eyes widened. "Y-You..." He trailed off as Wilbur glanced at him. "Don't worry, I'm not mad." He said softly. Zak stared at him, surprised. "Y-You're not?" He asked. Wilbur shook his head. "Just, be cautious around him. I'm getting bad feelings from him, so just be careful." He warned. Zak looked at him. "I promise, he's a good person." Zak said before he got up to go start making Viktor's food. Wilbur sighed softly before glancing at Cleo and Viktor. He took a deep breath. "We'll be okay. I know we will."