8

Star pulled Zak along, the two walking along a river. "Where are we going?" Zak asked. "A special little place. They call it a magical grove. Supposedly the fae live here but are hard to find. I have yet to see one myself." He said as he moved vines out of the way.

Zak's eyes widened as he looked around. "Whoa...." He whispered. He let Zak go first as the younger boy looked around the beautiful garden. "Star this is beautiful!" He said as his eyes wandered. But, he never heard a call back. "Star?" He called out again as he turned around. He didn't see the male anywhere. "Haha, very funny Star. Come on out now." He said with a chuckle as he started walking around. He still didn't hear a response. "What, are we playing hide and seek?" He asked as his wings flapped in excitement.

Still no response.

Zak sighed. "Ready or not here I come!" He said with a laugh. He looked around before he saw the male standing. "Not a very good hiding spot." He said as he started walking over. That was when he started to notice the male's hands were black from the forearm down. "Star?" He asked quietly. "I don't think we've formally met."

Zak's eyes widened at Star's distorted voice. "What the fuck....?" He whispered as Star turned around, his eyes pitch black. "So nice to finally meet you." He said with a laugh. Zak took steps back quickly before he saw Star summon an axe. "Consider this a formal greeting!!" He yelled before throwing the axe towards him. Zak quickly dodged it before he ran. "H-Harley stop!!" He yelled. "Harley isn't here right now sweetheart, you'll have to call back later~." The voice taunted. Zak quickly hid as his breath staggered. They quickened as he heard Star walk around him.

"Oh, has the party ended already? So disappointing, we've only just begun the fun!" He said. Zak could hear the axe scrape on the floor of the garden before sudden silence. Zak kept his mouth covered, trying to stay as quiet as possible. "Zak?? Zak!!"

He heard Star call his name. He kept his mouth covered as he closed his eyes tightly. Suddenly, he felt hands on his wrists. He screamed out of fear and quickly struggled. "It's okay! Love it's okay! It's me!" Star said quickly. "Please don't kill me please!!" Zak yelled before he opened his eyes. He noticed the boys eyes were back to normal, as well as his hands. "H-Harley...?" He asked, tears streaming down his face. "It's me, it's gone. I promise." Star whispered as he cupped his face to wipe his tears. Zak closed his eyes tightly before hugging the male.

Star hugged back as he kept the male close. "It's over. I never wanted you to see it.... I'm so sorry..." He whispered. He softly kissed his forehead as he kept him close. "What even was that...?" He whispered. Star sighed quietly as he held the boy close. "I'm half Treamon, but it's more of a personality thing then it is being shown as half treamon...." He explained before looking down. "It's been more and more difficult to keep it back and to not have it come out. I never wanted you to see it." He whispered. "Please don't leave me.... I can't loose you like everyone else..."

Zak stared at him with wide eyes as the male stared back. "Please Zak.... I can't loose you..." He whispered. Zak sighed shakily before he pulled the male into his arms, holding him close. "I won't leave you...." He whispered as he kissed his head. Star gripped his shirt. "Promise....?"

"Promise.." He whispered. "I'll make sure it never comes back out to attack you." He whispered. Zak stayed close to him. "As long as you can stop it, I'm okay." He whispered.

- 1 year later -

Wilbur adjusted his glasses, his wings tucked behind him. He wore his father's coat, him being big enough to wear it now. He had even sewn different patches together on it. "Dad!" His daughter called out. He turned his head to see the little come run up to him. She was almost 4 now, being about the size of an 11 year old child. "Hi my sugar plum. I thought you were with Swan." He said as he wrapped an arm around her, kissing her head. "His father wanted to see him." She said softly. Wilbur nodded slowly.