5

Zak closed the door as he sighed softly. A smile was on his face as he chuckled, hearing Star cheer out. He turned before he started taking his shoes off. He heard his bedroom door swing open. "Zak!!" Viktor yelled as he sprinted downstairs. Zak looked up before he felt Viktor engulf him. "V-Vik! Viktor, what's wrong?"

"You idiot! Do you know how worried we were?!" He yelled as he hugged Zak tightly. Zak hugged him back. "I know, I should've come home and told you. I'm sorry." He said as he held him close. "I'm so glad you're okay.." Viktor admitted as he gripped the older boy's shirt tightly. Zak smiled softly. "You missed me that much?" He teased. Viktor quickly let go of him. "M-Miss you?? Like hell I would miss you!" He yelled. The boys ears were obviously red.

Zak laughed at his reaction. "Dork. Go back to sleep. I'm home now so there's no need to worry." He told him softly. Viktor rolled his eyes. "You owe me for all this stress." He told him. "Yes yes, I will make you dinner. Now go to bed." He said with a chuckle as he nudged him towards the stairs. Viktor went up first before Zak followed after. "I'll see you in the morning Vik."

Zak walked into his room to see Wilbur waiting for him. "Where the fuck have you been?" He asked. Zak sighed softly as he closed the door. "I don't want to hear it from you." He said quietly as he went to his side of the room. "Why didn't you tell me you were going?! Do you know how worried I was!" He yelled.

"Says the one who disappeared for almost a year and came back with a child." Zak said quickly. Wilbur went silent. "That's hypocritical of you for you to say when you did the same damn thing but you were gone longer." Zak said. Then he sighed and went to change out of his clothes. Then he froze slightly. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have lashed out...." He said quietly.

Wilbur stared at his brother's bare back, the boy's wings slowly relaxing behind him before he saw his shirt cover them. "You had every right to." Wilbur admitted softly. "I know it's been rough for you..." He said softly as he walked over. Zak looked at him before he laid his forehead on his brothers shoulder.

"Just let me know next time.... Please.... I don't want you to disappear like dad did...."

"I will."

"Oh come on. You have to be able to!"

Zak shook his head as he chuckled. "I can't do it I promise." He said with a smile. Star stood in the river, his pants rolled up to his knees. "Can you really not swim?" He asked surprised. Zak shook his head. He was seated upon a rock, his knees pulled to his chest.

"I never tried because I never saw a reason to swim." He admitted. Star smiled slightly and pushed a hand through his hair. "Well how about I teach you?" He asked. Zak looked at him. "I-I don't know about that..." He said nervously. Star glanced at him before he walked over. Zak looked up to see his hand extended out. "Come on! Trust me!"

Zak looked at him nervously. "If you ever feel scared, just grab onto me okay?" Star said softly. Zak nodded slowly as he carefully took his hand. Star helped him stand. "Roll your pants up." He said, Zak leaning down to do so. Then, he followed the older male in. Star kept an eye on the male the whole time. Zak felt the water touch his feet as he took a deep breath.

"It's okay. I've got you." Star told him as they went into deeper water. The water got up to Zak's knees as he froze. "T-This is far enough." He said quietly. Star nodded. "Alright, we won't go any further." He said softly. Zak held his hand tightly as he looked around the river. "I-I'm in the water.." He said to himself softly. Star smiled and nodded as he moved his hood over his head. "You are!" He said with a chuckle.

Zak looked up at him and smiled slightly. "It's cold." He said with a giggle. Star looked around. "Yeah, the water is definitely cold this time of year." Star said as he dipped his hands in the water. He glanced at Zak slightly before he smirked and splashed the boy. Zak gasped as he tried deflecting the water but to no use. "H-Hey!!" He yelled and splashed him back

Star laughed as the two of them splashed each other. Zak took a step forward as he felt himself go a little deeper. Then suddenly, he slipped and disappeared underwater. Star's eyes widened. "Zak!!" He yelled as he quickly dove under after him. He saw the male struggling, trying to swim. His wings moved everywhere as Star quickly grabbed him by his waist. He grabbed onto him before he swam to the surface.

When they sprung out for air, Zak quickly gripped onto Star. His whole body hugged the male as he let out quick shaky breaths. "I've got you. You're okay." Star said in between breaths. Zak hid his face in his shoulder as he gripped his shirt. "Come on, let's get to the shore. I can make us a fire." Star told him softly.

He carefully carried the male to the shore before setting him down. "Stay here okay? I'll be right back." He told him. Zak slowly nodded, his wings wrapped around himself. Star left before quickly coming back with wood. He started the fire before he sat next to Zak. "I should've warned you about the drop off. I'm sorry." He said quietly.

Zak looked at him before looking at the fire. "It's okay. I should've stayed where I was." He said softly. Star looked at him. He reached over to grab his jacket before he wrapped it around the male. He chuckled at how big it was on him. "I thought we were the same size." He said softly. Zak smiled slightly. "It's the wings. They make me seem bigger then I actually am. I'm so much smaller then my brother." He said softly.

"Is this the brother you spoke of before?"

"My twin, actually. Hes the one who came to check on me after you ran off. Back when we first met?" He said softly. "Ah! Yes, I remember seeing him!" He said softly. Zak smiled and nodded. "That's my brother."

"Does he have a kid? Or is that your younger sister?" He asked. "That's his daughter, Cleo." Zak explained. "Wait, aren't you like, 16? And he already has a kid? How did that work?" Star asked, confused. "It's complicated how she came to him. Maybe that's a story for another day." The younger male said with a sigh. Then he glanced at him. "So, where does the name Star come from? I've never really heard anyone named that before." Zak asked.

Star laughed softly. "I was curious on when you were gonna ask that." He said softly. "Uh, I wasn't named Star. I gave that name to myself." He said as he leaned back. "Why? What's your real name?" Zak asked. "If it's okay for me to ask." He said again. "It's uh.." He trailed off.

"Never mind, it's embarrassing." He said as he looked away. "I'm sure it isn't." Zak said softly. Star sighed. "I-I've never really told anyone.." He admitted. Zak leaned back slightly. "I'll tell you something embarrassing about myself. Then we can be even." He suggested.

Star looked at him. "You go first then."He said. Zak pulled his knees to his chest. "I can't fly. One of my wings is shorter then the other." He admitted softly. Star's eyes widened slightly as he glanced at the boy's wings. "It's one of my biggest insecurities, because my brother and father can fly, but I can't." He said, resting his chin on his knee. "I-I'm so sorry.." Star spoke softly.

He shrugged. "I've gotten use to it.." He said quietly. Then he glanced at the older male. "Your turn." He said softly. Star sighed quietly. "My real name is Harley." He said softly. "I've been embarrassed about it my entire life, so I named myself Star so people didn't have to know my real name." He said quietly. Zak smiled softly. "I like the name Harley." He said.

Star looked towards him. "Y-You do?" He asked, surprised. Zak nodded as he smiled. "It suits you." He told him softly as he nudged him. Star smiled softly. "Thanks.." He said quietly. Zak nodded before looking at the fire. "Is it okay if you don't tell anyone my real name? Just let it stay between the two of us." He said softly. Zak nodded. "Will do. It'll just be us."