3

"Why did you disappear that day?"

Wilbur's eyes widened slightly before he looked away. He adjusted the pouch that Cleo slept in before he took a deep breath. "There was a deer I saw. It was completely white." He explained slowly. "I didn't want to follow it, but it dragged me in. It took me to a forest with plants and animals that I had never seen before. Then, one of the deer turned into a girl."

"Last I remember was her coming closer to me, then I fell asleep. When I awoke, I was met with Cleo staring down at me. She was already this age when I found her, crawling all around me." He said softly. Zak glanced at the sleeping girl. "She's very cute. She looks like you." He said softly. Wilbur smiled softly as he looked forward. "I love her so much. I've only known her for a short time."

Zak smiled at his brother before he heard Viktor call out. "Can I start a fire?" He asked. "Yeah! Go ahead!" Zak yelled back. Wilbur watched as he smiled. "I see you and Viktor have gotten very accustomed with each other." He said. Zak nodded slowly, shifting the firewood in his arms slightly. "Swan's father came back for a little bit so he's been there. I don't trust his father at all...."

"Why?"

Zak sighed softly. "It's not my place to say this, but his father is an alcoholic. I don't feel comfortable or think he's safe living with him..." He said softly. Wilbur looked at him before he rubbed his back softly. "Dont worry. I'm sure he's okay. He's got Viktor there to protect him." He said softly. Zak glanced at him and nodded softly.

"It's okay."

"Can you two hurry? You're slow as hell!" Viktor yelled. Zak chuckled. "Lets hurry. We need to get Cleo inside to warm up." He said. Wilbur watched his brother speed up as he smiled softly. He heard small noises coming from behind him. He turned to see Cleo waking up. "Well good morning sugar plum." He said softly as he turned the pouch around to hold her to his chest.

She looked up at him and smiled, holding her hand out to grab at his face. He chuckled and leaned over to playfully nibble on her fingers. She giggled at that as he smiled more. "Lets get you inside sugar plum." He told her as he spread his wings out to fly ahead to the cabin. Zak watched him fly out ahead as he sighed softly. When Wilbur landed, he glanced over at Zak. "Still no flight....?" He asked quietly. Zak looked at him before looking away slightly.

"No need to remind me..." He mumbled as he walked past him. Wilbur watched him before sighing. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to bring it up." He said softly as he kept Cleo close. Zak shook his head as he allowed his brother inside. "Aero was right. With the state my wings are in, I'll never be able to fly."

"That's not true."

"Wilbur, one wing is smaller then the other. They have to be the same size in order for me to fly. It. Won't. Work." Zak yelled slightly as he stared at him. Wilbur's eyes widened at his brother yelling. Viktor came around the corner. "What's with the yelling?" He asked. Zak sighed as he took his coat off. "Nothing. I'm going upstairs." He said. Cleo cooed at Zak as she reached for him. He turned towards her. Cleo smiled and giggled, making grabby hands towards him.

"She wants to make you feel better." Wilbur said softly. Zak looked at him before he carefully took Cleo. "Hey there." He whispered as Cleo giggled. She grabbed at his face softly, exploring his features. Zak smiled softly as he chuckled. "Da!" She said happily. He smiled and shook his head. "No no. Zak." He said softly. She tilted her head. "Ak!" She proclaimed. Zak laughed softly and nodded. "Yeah, Ak."

Wilbur smiled at his brother and daughter before glancing at Viktor. The younger male leaned on the doorframe as he sighed quietly. Then his ears perked up and he looked towards the door. "Vik! Zak! I'm he-"