9

Wilbur laid on the bed, unconscious. Zak sat at the head of the bed, softly petting his brother's head. Aero watched from the corner of the room, his arms crossed. Zak kept his gaze on his brother. Viktor was asleep at the foot of the bed, Swan asleep leaning against him. Cleo was curled up at her father's feet, a stuffed animal being hugged close to her chest. "Go to sleep Zak. You need rest after today. I'll watch him, I promise."

"I'm okay.... Thanks Aero..."

Aero sighed softly as he went over to rub his back softly. "Well, then let me get some blankets for these three." He whispered. He rubbed the boy's head softly before leaving to get the blankets. Zak carefully reached for Wilbur's hand. "I'm sorry I couldn't do anything to stop him.... This is all my fault..." He whispered shakily.

He lowered his head as he closed his eyes. "I could've stopped him...." He whispered. He felt a squeeze to his hand as he looked at his brother. "It's not your fault..." Wilbur whispered raspingly. "You couldn't have know this would happen.... Don't blame yourself...." He said as he held his hand. Zak let out a shaky breath as Wilbur opened his eyes to look at him.

"They're gone, aren't they...?" He asked quietly. Zak slowly nodded as he pet the male's head. "Where's Cleo...?" He asked again. "By your feet, curled up asleep." Zak whispered. Wilbur nodded as he started to sit up. "Careful, careful." Zak said quickly. "H-Help me flip around.." Wilbur said as he winced. Zak helped his brother as the male flipped around. He made a noise of pain before he slowly relaxed, his back hitting the bed.

Aero came back with the blankets, quickly noticing Wilbur awake. "Good morning princess." He teased. Wilbur chuckled slightly before sighing with a pained expression, wincing. "Hi Aero..." He whispered. Aero wrapped blankets around the younger ones before walking over to Wilbur and Zak. "How are you feeling?" He asked.

Wilbur leaned his head back. "Like hell..." He murmured. Aero nodded slowly. "I can go see if I can make you something to help with the pain. I gave you some pain cream around the cut. But it'll be wearing off soon." He said. "How badly did he cut?" He asked. "The bone is still sticking out for both of the wings, but all your feathers are gone. It was a pretty clean close cut."

Wilbur nodded slowly as he looked down slowly. "No more flying...?" He asked. Aero nodded slowly. "No more flying...." He repeated. Zak pulled his brother's head to his shoulder as he kept him close. "I'm sorry Wilbur..." Zak whispered as he rubbed his head softly. "I should've told you guys about his treamon side.... I'm so sorry..."

"What did I say?" Wilbur said quietly as he looked at him. "It's not your fault." He said again. Zak stared back at him before Wilbur pulled his head against his. "You did everything you could..." He whispered. Then he slowly laid his head back. "Why don't we let him rest..." Aero said softly as he put a hand on Zak's shoulder. Wilbur sighed, his eyes closed. "Keep Cleo in here..." He whispered, exhaustion finally taking over.

Zak slowly stood. He grabbed his coat, John's coat, and wrapped it around Wilbur. "Get some rest." He whispered, seeing the male already asleep again. Aero softly woke the boy's up, Swan lifting his head to look at Wilbur. Viktor opened his eyes slowly and looked up at Zak. The male motioned him to come along before he glanced at Wilbur again. He sighed quietly before he walked out of the room, downstairs. He let out a shaky breath as he slowly sat down. He put his head in his hands as he closed his eyes.

Viktor walked down only to see Zak hunched over. He slowly walked over before he crouched in front of the male. Zak slowly looked up before he felt Viktor pull him into his arms. Zak quickly went to the floor with Viktor as he hugged the male tightly. His body shook as he gripped the boy's shirt, his wings wrapping around the two of them. Aero came down, seeing the two like that. Swan saw them too and sadly sighed. "We're gonna be okay guys! Wilbur will heal and make a speedy recovery." Swan said with a smile, trying to lighten the mood.