Vol 1, Ch3: A Killer Duo

I sat on my bed, deep in thought. How do I operate as the Mothman without getting caught and ra-tortured by Eileen? I like my wings, man. I sighed, and stood up.

I threw on my jacket, and left the hood down. I flew out the window, with my phone playing the news.

"News regarding the alleged 'Mothman' has just now come in. The police force has announced that whether or not the creature really exists is unknown, but if they find it, they'll immediately let us know, and take care of it."

Tch, damn. That makes this even harder. I landed on a streetlight, and closed my eyes, letting my antennae take in the surroundings for me. I opened my eyes, and flew up again, and heading towards the location I found that guy with the weapons deal.

I landed in the alleyway, and sighed as I walked through, checking for anything at all. I was brought out of this, by the sound of footsteps, and a gun cocking. I turned my head, and saw a man shaking with fear. I don't blame him.

Reports of a Moth man roaming around, then finding a big dark figure with glowing eyes and wings in an alleyway. Well, the only person he can blame is himself for going through the alley.

I was about to turn, when he yelped and started shooting. What the hell is this guy's deal!? I crouched with my back to him, and covered my head. I felt several impacts in my back, and slowly opened my eyes.

I stood up, and turned back towards the man, opening my wings, and hearing the bullets fall. I'm think I'm actually going to lose it.
_________________________________________

I watched in horror as the Mothman let out a weird hissing noise, similar to a cicada and started shaking with rage. I glanced at the dented bullets on the ground, and turned and ran the opposite way.

He screeched, and I was suddenly lifted from the ground, before getting dropped from the air. I screamed in fear, and then again, louder as my shins broke after hitting the ground.

I held my legs in pain, when the figure landed next to me, and picked me up by my neck. It screeched in my face, before throwing me onto my back.

"Ahem, sorry about your legs. I kind of lost it there. Who knew I had bulletproof wings? Now then, do you know anything about a gun dealer?"

I shook my head rapidly, and the male grabbed ny shirt, pulling me to him.

"I don't believe you."

He turned and threw me, and I slammed into the wall. I coughed and looked up at the male, only for his head to snap to the right.

"Hm, so you're the Mothman I've heard so much about. My master could use a man like you."

Who the hell is that?

"Hard pass. I work alone."

"I see. Well, if you ever change your mind, or need a favor, here's my card."

The moth raised an eyebrow.

"You didn't do anything."

"Check your left pocket later."

He watched as the mist man disappeared, and turned back to me, before popping his knuckles.

"Well, I hope we don't have any Idol groups around here."

"W-what? W-why?"

"Because I think it's time to make you sing."

He pulled back his fist, only for my vision to go black.
_________________________________________

I watched in confusion as a fire axe lodged itself in the man's head. What the hell?

"You look like a fun little egg. Shall we crack you open and see what candy you hold?"

I turned, and flared my wings out. A guy around my age holding a small hatchet in his left hand walked out of the shadows. He has black rabbit ears, and a bloodstained pair of overalls with a white shirt underneath, also bloodstained.

"Why don't I rip off those ears of yours, and make some slippers? Hop away, bunny boy."

He chuckled and pulled the axe from the man's head, and turned to me, with a psychotic grin.

"Those are some nice wings. I'll make them into a nice carpet."