I Plead the Fifth

Y/N's POV,

After having the talk with Sena I made it back to the mansion and saw everyone in the living room. Aqua noticed me and welcomed me back.

Aqua: Y/N, you're back! *runs up to hug him* That mean prosecutor didn't threaten you or anything right?

Y/N: Nope not at all, it actually went pretty well if I say so myself. I just hope Kazuma's interrogation doesn't go wrong. I mean with him, he could say one thing and it'd all be over.

Megumin: I'm sure he's fine-

Megu was about to finish her sentence until she was cut off by Sena marching in through the door.

Sena: Y/N L/N!

Y/N: S-Sena what are you doing here? Is Kazuma's interrogation done?

Sena: Yes it is and I am here to inform you and your party that Kazuma's trial is set for tomorrow for not only his attack against the lord's mansion but now for also having contact with the Devil King.

A, M, and D: WHAT?!!!

Y/N: What the hell is she talking about?? Kazuma doesn't know the Devil King let alone know any of his general- oh wait Wiz. Huh, I guess she must've asked some question regarding them and that bell.... damn that bell must've gave it away. I understand now.

Sena: Oh, I see you all weren't aware. Hmmm in that case, I'll add that as a note during his trial. I'll see you there.

She left the mansion leaving Aqua, Darkness, and Megu panicking.

Megumin: I can't believe it, since when did he ever have contact with the Devil King?

Y/N: Wait what?

Darkness: It's hard to believe someone that pathetic would be in contact with them.

Y/N: You're not serious are you?

Aqua: What are we supposed to do now we can't trust him anymore?!

Y/N: Guys think for a second! You should know who she's referring to.

Aqua: We should?

Megumin: Who?

Y/N: Wiz!!

Aqua: Ohhhh yeah...

Megumin: How did we forget that?

Darkness: I guess since she's too kind to everyone in town we forgot that she's actually a general.

Y/N: *deadpan expression* Anyways we should think about what to do for his trial, we can't just let the judge declare him guilty so easily.

A, M, and D: Right!

The next day: The trial,

And so the trial was about to commence. Kazuma was there in the center with his hands in chains with us on the side as his line of defense. Without further ado, the judge started banging the gavel with his mallet.

Judge: The trail of Kazuma Satou will now come to order.

The crowd silenced as all we could hear was just Kazuma breathing heavily. My god dude, I know he's scared out of his life but at least try to have some composure.

Megumin: Will you get a hold of yourself? I got this, we'll tear her arguments a cinder until she's weeping at your feet.

Darkness: Do not worry Kazuma, you have done nothing wrong and will most certainly go free.

Kazuma: Yeah sure that's comforting, but.....

Aqua: I'm an arch priest so they'll believe whatever I say! I-I think...