It was me!

Y/N's POV,

So there I was in town leaning on a fence over the river wondering how Aqua would try and solve the pollution problem. Kazuma and Megu were off in the shade eating. More than likely talking about how Aqua's followers are insane.

Y/N: *sighs* Aqua please don't get into anymore trouble... I know you want the best for your followers, but at least do it without causing a scene. Mmm, still how did the water get tainted so fast?

While I was busy talking to myself another one of Aqua's followers was trying to convince those two to convert. They ended up waking away trying to avoid eye contact or talk as more followed after them. Meaning they left me behind and I didn't even know.

Wiz: Y/N!

Y/N: Huh?

I looked to where Wiz called my name and saw her coming.

Y/N: Oh hey Wiz, you feeling better?

Wiz: Yes much better. I had a dream where I saw my old party members from my adventuring days. They were on the other side of a river telling me not to cross over. If not for them, I'd be dead.

Y/N: *very concerned* Oh.... good for you?

Wiz: Why are you by yourself?

Y/N: What do you mean Kazuma and Megu are right there- huh where'd they go? Eh, probably trying to escape from the townspeople. *sighs*

Wiz: What's wrong?

Y/N: I'm worried about Aqua. I want her to be able to help the town but I don't want her to do anything dangerous. I'm also confused on how the water got polluted so fast. Do you have any ideas?

Wiz: Hmm, well it's least likely due to natural causes so there's a chance someone or something is affecting it.

Y/N: You really think so?

Wiz: I'm sure, the way you and Aqua described it, there's no way water can be polluted like that naturally.

Y/N: Someone or something... maybe I should go with Aqua to investigate-

Aqua: Slay the demons!! Defeat the Devil King!!

Y/N: Aqua?

We heard Aqua yelling out in the town center and went towards a crowd of people looking at her. She was standing in front of her statue with Darkness on the side. Kazuma and Megu were in the crowd as well so we met up with them.

Aqua: Gather around beloved disciples of axis. I have  come to warn you that the Devil King is plotting to destroy your town!

Darkness: ......How?

Aqua: I'll tell you how. He and his minions are putting some kind of poison in the hot springs! This is no hoax, I've personally confirmed that some of the baths here have been polluted.

Darkness: ......How awful...

Citizen: I just got back from a soaking, I didn't notice anything wrong with the water.

Aqua: Of course you didn't, that's because I've gone to all the baths in town and purified them.

Y/N: What?? That can't be good...

Aqua: But we're not out of danger just yet so I'm asking for your cooperation. Until I find the source of this pollution please don't use the hot springs.