Where's My Happy Ending?!

Y/N's POV,

So, this wasn't how I thought things would work out. I woke up to Aqua hugging me and crying saying that she was worried about me which was normal, only to be met with the whole town kicking us out. The battle was over yes, Aqua defeated Hans and I defeated Dio. However when she used god requiem, it ended up purifying all the hot spring water in Arcanretia to plain old hot water. Meaning the axis church just lost their main source of income, ironically by their very own goddess, so in the end Dio kind of achieved his goal.

And you know what? This trip blows ass! Here we came to have a relaxing time and all this happens! What the hell?! Wasn't everything supposed to work out?! I mean where's my happy ending where I spend the last couple of days of the trip with Aqua???

Anyways, Kazuma was resurrected thanks to Aqua, Wiz was all exhausted from her spell, and we all packed up heading to the wagon as the townsfolk threw trash at us. So much for being grateful for saving the town. Once we were on the road, Aqua and the others were sure shocked to hear I defeated Dio.

A, M, D, and K: WHAAAAT?!!

Y/N: Yeah I defeated him. It wasn't easy but I managed to pull through.

Kazuma: Holy crap that's insane!

Megumin: Oh man wait until Axel hears about this! You're amazing big brother!

Darkness: They'll be celebrating for days.

Aqua: I can't believe it Y/N. You actually won?

Y/N: I did. I'm not going to lie I was scared, but then I thought about you.

Aqua: Me?

Y/N: I thought about how much trouble he caused for you and I wanted to keep my promise that I'd stop him. I suppose I couldn't have done it without you. Even if you weren't there in person... you were always on my mind.

Aqua's face reddened, turning her head away when she heard that. I also turned my head away after hearing what I just said. She slowly held my hand. I turned my head back only for her to quickly cling onto me burying her face on my chest. It surprised me and I thought I might've said something wrong.

Y/N: A-Aqua?

Aqua: Thank you Y/N... you always seem to surprise me. *looks at him* I always worry for nothing huh? You really are amazing.

She smiled brightly with her cheeks still red. I was in awe seeing her smile but I smiled back. Thinking about what we went through in that trip, I can say surely that it was a train wreck. I nuzzled her, holding her tightly and finally taking the time to relax. Something I didn't do in that trip.

We continued talking about what we'd do when we got back to Axel, looked out the window admiring the view, and ate steamed buns we brought from Arcanretia. After a while almost everyone beside me and Kazuma were sleeping. It was a long way after all. Aqua rested her head on my shoulder and while I was about to doze off, I wanted to speak to Kazuma.

Y/N: Yo Kazuma.

Kazuma: Yeah?

Y/N: I want to say thanks.

Kazuma: Thanks for what?

Y/N: Oh come on, Aqua told me everything. You saved her from almost being eaten by Hans. I wasn't there so I didn't know about this. When she told me, I was extremely grateful. The thought of me not being there to save her really scared me. I didn't know how to react at first, but now I do. Thank you man. Thanks for saving Aqua. I really mean it.

Kazuma: Aww come on Y/N don't be like that. We're a team. Of course I'd save Aqua. She may be annoying but she means a lot much to you. I was just doing what you would do, saving others.