Bad Report Card!

Sheryl was awaiting her report card. She hoped that she made the honor roll. She kept her fingers crossed. Mrs. Dinkley handed her report card, and it consisted mostly of D minuses and Fs. She did not make the honor roll.

"What the heck? I'm failing gym?!" she stammered. It said, failure to bring gym clothes. And, she would only imagine how her parents would react, that she got a bad report card.

Sheryl was now home, and she was about to hide her report card. But, her mother saw it. "Let me see your report card, please," said her mother.

"I'll show it to you, later," said Sheryl, sweat trickling down her face.

"Now, Sheryl!" demanded her mother.

Sheryl sighed, and gave her report card to her mother. She saw it, and then folded her arms, and gave Sheryl a stern look.

"I know it looks bad, but I can explain!" stammered Sheryl, her face drenched with more sweat.

"You are failing gym!" yelled her mother. "You haven't been participating in gym class?"

"I kept forgetting to bring my gym clothes," explained Sheryl.

"This is the worst report card, I ever seen!" barked her mother. "You haven't been turning in your homework, and you fool around in most of your classes! Until, you can improve your grades, you cannot hang out with your friends!"

"Mom, you're not being fair!" protested Sheryl.

"I'm laying down the law, young lady!" snapped her mother. "You fool around way too much! You need to start doing your homework, as soon as you get off the bus! Why didn't you ask me for any help?"

"I don't know," replied Sheryl, looking down in shame.

"Just wait till your father gets home! I'm gonna show this to him!"

Sheryl was ashamed of herself. She truly regretted what she got herself into. And, that's not all she had to worry about.

She would most likely have to repeat the 9th grade, next school year.

This story was written on Monday, April 26th, 2021.

A/N Sheryl got herself into a huge mess, hasn't she? Strict household! She's not allowed to hang out with her friends, till the next report card comes out, and her grades improve! Her mother did what had to be done! Don't be a silent reader. Please leave feedback. Thanks.