CH. 12

Week 32

Pregnancy.

That's it, that's the statement.

How one single word can have someone empathize with the physical and emotional turmoil, the life changes, the doctor's visits, the preparation, all of the challenges the couple faces as they wait for their child to be born is agonizingly dreadful. Yet the beauty of creating life is something people would do all over again.

That's what Katsuki believes.

As he watches his mate sleep against his pregnancy pillow, or rather the various pillows that make up his nest on his side of the bed, he can't help but reminiscence on the past 6 months of the omega's pregnancy.

The beginning was /definitely/ rough. Every morning without fail, the omega would rush to the bathroom and throw up practically everything he had in his system. Katsuki would be there with a wet rag, sitting beside his mate as he rubbed his back and sat through every minute of each episode. After he handed him the rag, he'd prepare a warm bath for his mate, then head downstairs to start making him breakfast.

Ever since they found out about the pregnancy, Katsuki was very adamant about making /every/ single meal at home; cause that's what all the parenting books said was best. Breakfast was always the hardest thing to cook for awhile since Izuku was very sensitive to smells and foods after his morning sickness. Katsuki learned that it'd be better to wait for Izuku to choose what he wanted, rather than the omega throw up again and the food be wasted. Sometimes the meals were simple, sometimes they weren't, and other times they weren't even meals; just snacks thrown together. Then when it came to lunch and dinner, it was a bit easier, so Katsuki put up with all of Izuku's food desires.

Katsuki was also a strong believer that Izuku wasn't going to have any weird cravings like pickles and ice cream since he'd make him feasts every night. But boy, was he wrong.

His growing pups were making Izuku eat the weirdest things. Some nights he'd wake up without Izuku in bed. The first few times he was worried that he was throwing up, or that he wasn't feeling well, but no. Instead he'd find him in the kitchen eating the weirdest shit. Some nights he'd see him eating wasabi paste on chocolate cookies, sometimes he'd catch him eating hot peppers with ice cream, honey on cucumbers, milk drenched chips, cereal mixed with chili paste, even chocolate spread on broccoli! Like, how!? Izuku swore that they were the best snacks in the world, forcing Katsuki to eat some of them or else he'd throw a fit. After nearly dying of food poisoning from eating one of those strange concoctions, Katsuki learned that it was better to just leave the omega to his snack-capades. When they'd go grocery shopping, Izuku would have his own basket to fill with whatever snacks he wanted, while Katsuki had the /actual/ food in his cart.

However, the worst cravings Izuku had were when he wanted a full blown meal at 2 in the morning. Katsuki was more than happy to cook for his mate at any hour of the day. The only problem was that he would crave food that would take over an hour to prepare. He had learned to master some pieces and prepare them early so they were ready to heat up in the middle of the night, but Izuku always wanted it fresh, and he wanted it right away. Those were the only times he'd order takeout, but he'd make sure they were from authentic, fresh restaurants versus fast food. But it was /extremely/ difficult to get certain foods at 2 AM.

But Katsuki never complained. He knew the changes Izuku's body was going through weren't easy. He knew that it wasn't Izuku's fault for his current eating habits. Their pups were just growing, and demanded all the food that their mother could possibly give them; and he'd be damned if he ever denied them of that.

He'd make sure he'd give his mate and pups the best throughout the entire pregnancy. When Izuku wanted new pillows, he got him the highest quality. When his stomach grew so large that Izuku started to complain about the back pain, Katsuki took massage classes to be able to give his mate the best damn massage he'd ever experience. When he couldn't stand on his feet anymore, Katsuki carried him bridal style everywhere; no matter if they were out in public, or in their own home.