CH. 3

Izuku woke up and got dressed for work. He put on a t-shirt with a sweater since the fall season had just begun and the weather was chilly, some jeans, his red high top converse, put his scrubs inside his backpack, and left his bedroom. He made his way down the long hallway till he reached the entrance stair case.

"Morning Deku", Katsuki said as he walked out of the kitchen once he heard Izuku come out of his room; Izuku stayed silent.

"You should eat something before you go to work, I made breakfast", Katsuki said as he stood by the staircase; Izuku continued to walk towards the door.

"C'mon doe, won't you talk to me!?", Katsuki pleaded.

Izuku grabbed his car keys and opened the door.

"I'm making dinner tonight, I-", before Katsuki could finish his sentence, Izuku closed the door and headed for work.

It's been a five days since Izuku last spoke to Katsuki. For once he was thankful for all the rooms in the house, for he has been sleeping in one of the guest rooms the past four nights; eliminating any form of contact possible with the alpha. Since he got home earlier than Katsuki, he moved some of his clothes into the guest room, bathed in the guest bathroom, and has been eating out for every meal.

As much as Katsuki tried to talk to his mate, Izuku ignored all his pleas. Izuku was infuriated that Katsuki couldn't see eye to eye with him. The last time they fought this bad was back in college when Katsuki was constantly out at practice, games, workouts, meetings, to the point where Izuku only saw him when the two were going to bed.

"Wow, so you still aren't talking to him?", Shinso asked.

The two were currently in Izuku's office filling out some paperwork and discussing the month's schedule.

"Because I know what he's going to say! All he wants is to have kids with complete disregard to the fact that both of us are very busy and have no time to start a family"

"But things here are pretty under control; has been for the past year. That's why Denki and I finally decided to go through with our adoption"

"Yes Shinso, I understand and congratulations again for adopting a child. But we can get swamped with patients any given day, or meetings, or god forbid our clinic isn't doing so well, we'd be swamped with work at anytime!"

"And Kacchan is always with his team. I understand and respect his work but I would want my kids to be around both of us instead of the other", Izuku finished with a sigh as he went back to his work.

"But don't you think you're being a bit irrational? Everyone that becomes a parent works, and everyone will have some days where they're busy, it's normal"

"That's everyone else. If people are in complete control of their schedules and lives, then that is the perfect time to start a family", Izuku said as he signed one document and picked up another. 

Shinso put his documents down and pulled out his phone; he knew exactly what to do when Izuku needed to get things off his chest...

"Hey Izuku, Denki just messaged me that he wants to grab drinks tonight. Do you want to come with us?"

"I don't know, the last thing I want to eat is take-out food. I miss Kacchan's cooking..."

"C'mon, a few drinks isn't going to do you any harm. I'll pay for tonight, all you gotta do is show up, alright?", Shinso asked with a small smile.

"*sigh* I guess I could let off some steam with a couple of drinks. Alright, I'll join you two. But don't call Kacchan to pick me up if I get completely intoxicated! Last thing I want is for him to come to my rescue, so you're driving me home"