Chapter Twenty - Two

"Ye jest with me Grant," Kathryn cried out, tears of mirth in her eyes at what Grant just told her.  They lay together, legs entwined and joined still in the most intimate way a man and woman could be joined.   Kathryn, after a long and well needed rest, woke her husband with what she knew he loved, her wicked tongue.

"Nae my love," Grant grinned mischievously back at his wife as he cupped her bottom and moved her against him.

"I canna believe Douglas was here and ye dinna wake me," Kathryn pouted and then groaned when Grant started to move within her once again.

"Ye needed your rest Kat," Grant rushed out before shutting his eyes as his wife sat up and moved to straddle him.    He cupped her hips gently and started rocking her back and forth until the both of them were groaning once again.

"Aye," Kathryn breathed out in a whisper as she took over and moved faster.   "I suppose ye were right, for now that I am rested, tis time that I please my husband...again."

"Aye," Grant hoarsely groaned out.  "And ye do, ye please your husband verra much."

Hours later as Kathryn rested her head on Grant's chest, Grant noticed the change in her.  She was quiet, upset almost and it bothered him.  He had told her all that went on yesterday, with Douglas and how Grant had sent him away.    It didn't bother her then, but it seemed to be bothering her now.

"Love," Grant whispered in her hair as he traced circles on her back with his fingertips.   "Ye are upset?"

"Aye," Kat mumbled back.   "I canna believe my Da wished for me to marry that man."

"Tis over now Kat," Grant said softly as he pulled her up and tucked her head under his chin.   "He is gone, your Da," Grant paused and then sighed.  "I'm nae sure what he was thinking betrothing ye to him, but twas something not right with it all."

"Nae a hair atop his head Grant?" Kathryn lifted her face in disbelief and looked deeply into Grant's eyes.   

He saw the sorrow there and felt the betrayal she felt that her Da was selling her for coin to make a good match and new alliance with the McFadden's.

"Dinna think on it Kathryn," Grant said rubbing his cheek along her hairline.    "I shouldna told ye if I knew twould upset ye so."

"I would have found out Grant," Kathryn sighed and kissed Grant's throat.  "My brother's, servants, clansmen, twould seem as if someone would have told me such."

Grant just nodded against her head.  She was right, she would have found out by someone or heard rumours.  It was better that she heard from him.

"Tis over now with Douglas, love," Grant whispered against her forehead.  "Do you wish to stay longer or perhaps if you wish, we can leave for home?"

Kathryn tipped her head up again to look at Grant," May we stay awhile longer?"

"Of course," Grant said kissing her forehead.

"I wish to visit with Mama and perhaps pack the rest of my trunks to take back with us?" Kathryn smiled.

"Ye take as long as ye like, I told Andrew that we would be gone for at least two weeks," Grant responded as he watched Kathryn's eyes light up.

"I wish to visit with Beth, Jamie and wee Graeme," Kathryn's eyes glowed when she spoke of her brother and his family.

"Whatever ye like, love," Grant insisted.

Grant left their chamber shortly after.    He was meeting his two brothers and brother-in-law's for a ride around McGregor land.    Gavin was wanting to ask Andrew how to make the land more prosperous.  His Da was tight fisted when it came to McGregor land but Gavin knew there was much room for improvements.  Improvements that would benefits the McGregor clan and the peasants that work the land.