Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

The great hall was illuminated with many candles and torches. The hall was cleaned, McKenna linens placed on all the tables, bouquets of flowers adorned the hall giving it a sweet smelling scent. A fire blazed in the hearth where the chairs were moved off to the side to create an alter where Ian and Jenny, Grant and Kathryn would be married.

Both couples wanted something small, neither wanted something grand being the son's of the Laird. Family, close clansmen were all who were invited to attend the celebration. Angus spared no expense for his two sons, he agreed to their wanting something small, but the meal served would be a meal made for a king. He sent out a hunting party the day before and was pleased when a boar and a stag were brought back. A wedding feast they would definitely be having.

"Ye may now kiss your bride," the priest announced to Ian and Jenny as the onlookers broke out in cheers of joy and happiness. Fiona stood by them and held one of Ian's hands, the other of her Mother's during the ceremony. A princess she was wearing a gown in the colour of sage green, the same as her Mother's as her curls were adorned with a wreath of wildflowers. Jenny held a posse of white heather, a small gift from her groom.

Everyone quieted down when Andrew stepped forward with a family dirk for Jenny and two McKenna sashes that Ian presented his bride and his daughter with. The customary welcome to the family was made official when the sashes were placed on them. Ian then knelt and presented Jenny with the dirk for their first born son.

"I may call ye Da now?" Fiona asked out loud to Ian with a smile that would melt anyone's heart.

"Aye, ye may call me Da now, my sweet," Ian answered her grinning as he bent low to pick her up. Ian couldn't have been happier. Jenny was finally his, he has a daughter now to call his own, his life was perfect. He waited long enough to marry and find happiness but they were well worth his wait.

More cheers erupted then as family members all stepped forward and congratulated the happy family.

Grant stepped forward now and took his place by the hearth. Extremely handsome he was in his full highland regalia. His dark hair curling at his nape, his muscular legs braced apart, his hands he held behind his back, he was every inch a warrior.

Everyone watch in awe now as Gavin escorted his sister to her groom. So beautiful Kathryn was in a lavender gown, it complimented her skin and her hair colour. Her riot of curls were loose and free tumbling down her back, a few strands pulled away from her face to be tied in the back with a matching ribbon and a sprig of white heather. In her hands she carried a small posse of white heather tied with a strip of McKenna plaid.

Grant knew she was in the room when Ian and Jenny married but he didn't seek her out. She didn't want him to see her until she was given to him by her brother, so Grant respected her wishes. Because of the double wedding, she was in the great hall as well.

Grant's heart constricted when he saw her walking to him. Her head held high, the smile on her lips, there wasn't a doubt in his mind that he wasn't doing the right thing. He loved her, he desired her like no other ever before. He wanted to spend the rest of his life with her.

She was his soul mate, she was his other half.

Ian and Jenny exchanged traditional Scottish wedding vows but Grant had asked Kathryn to trust him and go with the vows that he had chosen for them.

As Gavin placed Kathryn's hand into his and gave them his blessing, Grant couldn't take his eyes off of Kat. "Tis no words that can describe your beauty Kathryn," Grant murmured as he took her hand and kissed her knuckles. "Ye have my heart and my soul, tis yours to keep."