Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

Andrew found Grant exactly where he thought that he would be, on the battlements.  He was fuming, he understood Grant's reasoning, once he put the pieces together, but that still did not condone Grant's actions.   Kathryn was embarrassed and Gavin, none too pleased.

Ian had wanted to go and find Grant, but Andrew told him to stay back with their guests, that he would find him instead.  They both looked at each other and then looked over at Kathryn, Ian nodded his head in understanding Andrew did as well.  The shocked look on Grant's face told them all they needed to know.

"Grant," Andrew said sternly as he spied his brother leaning over the ledge of the battlements.   He seemed to be staring off in the distance at nothing in particular.

"Tis her," Grant started to say without turning to look at his brother.  "She's the one from my dreams Andrew."   He rested his arms on the ledge now and then placed his forehead onto his forearms.   "I knew that I met her afore Andrew, but I could never remember where?"

"Grant," Andrew called to him and stepped closer.

"Let me speak Andrew," Grant said not lifting his head.   "Tis been Kathryn all along.   Every dream, I canna believe tis been her.  Gavin's sister, whom I've met a couple of times.   I dinna remember much from Gavin and Evelyn's wedding, I was well into my cups.  I know that we danced together."

"Grant, perhaps we should go somewhere else to...." Andrew started to say until Grant cut him off.

"Cease Andrew!" Grant shouted at him with frustration.  He was still leaning over the ledge, but onto his elbows now and his hands running through his hair, gripping it hard.

Andrew was not going to taking Grant's shouting at him very well, decided to let Grant continue on with his tirade.  Crossing his arms over his chest, "Very well then, speak Grant.   I willna disturb ye again."  Andrew took a moment to look over his shoulder for he knew that Kathryn followed him.   If Grant wanted to speak, Andrew was going to let him speak.   Andrew grinned at Kathryn's blush on her face, she was biting her bottom lip to hear what Grant was going to say about her.

"I still remember her hair when we danced Andrew," Grant sighed and looked out over the vast McKenna land.  "I know why in my dreams it feels like silk, because I felt it afore.  I remember touching it while we dance, I remember her looking up at me with those eyes.   Eyes that I was losing myself in, the lass is verra bonny."  Grant paused now and rubbed his face with his hands, but still, he kept his back towards Andrew.   "And that mouth of hers.   What she did to me in my dreams with that wicked mouth Andrew, I canna stay here while they are here.   Perhaps I will go and visit with Robert and Elise.  The lass is too tempting, Gavin will have my hide if I go near her."

"Grant, maybe...." but Andrew was cut off once more.

"I dinna trust myself around her Andrew.  I will seduce her and have her in my bed before I canna stop myself from taking..." Grant said slowly turning around to face Andrew.   What greeted him was not what he was expecting.  A grinning Andrew with a smirk upon his face and Kathryn with a blush so deep red, Grant would have thought she just stepped out of a hot bath.

"God's blood Andrew!" Grant balled his fists as his sides and sent him piercing daggers with his eyes.  "Ye could have warned me the lass was standing next to ye the whole time."

Andrew chuckled and shrugged his shoulders, "I tried to Grant, but ye told me to let ye speak."   His brother's discomfort was refreshing to Andrew, he couldn't wait to tell Ian.