Chapter 1: Digging up the past

It's taken a lot of persuading from Serena to get us all to contribute, let alone write this, and everyone voted that I should write the first couple of chapters. Great.
If you come into the possession of this book, do not, I repeat, do not give it to 'them.' You'll find out who they are later.
Let's get on with the story.
My name is Terran. Up until a few weeks ago, I lived a normal, but slightly weird life.
I was born in a small country town, and lived there for about 12 years, until my father decided we should move to a larger city not too far from where we lived, to get away from what happened there.
Strange things happen to other kids when I'm around. Small tremors, rock slides, bull attacks. Everyone shunned me, except for 2 other kids, Serena and Flint. Strange things happened to them too.
The move was surprisingly uneventful, and we settled into our new home with nearly no problem. A few months later, Serena and Flint moved in down the street, and life resumed as per normal.
We started high school shortly after the move. Serena ended up in the same class as me in year 7 and year 8, and Flint chose similar electives to mine, so we saw each other a lot.
Then year 9 began, and everything changed