CHAPTER TWELVE

When Yeonjun and Beomgyu arrived at the cabin everyone had gotten worried obviously. Yeonjun had quickly hushed them since he knew Beomgyu wouldn't want to talk about it, and he was right. Beomgyu just crawled into his bunk and told them that he just wanted to sleep. So they let him.

——————

It was the final full day at camp and everyone had gotten out of their cabins pretty early. They were all excited for the talent show that would happen at the end of the day.

All of the teams were on the beach just practicing by themselves, some using the nets and some not.

That morning the teams just chilled doing what they were all born to do: volleyball.

"So are you actually gonna perform?" Beomgyu asked Yeonjun and Taehyun as he hit the ball to Soobin.

"Actually about that, I was thinking what if we performed- don't give me those looks, we all have great voices and something to add," Taehyun said as he hit the ball to Yeonjun.

"He has a point guys, I've heard you sing in the shower when you stayed at my place Kai, and I can tell you first hand Soobin's voice is not of this earth." Yeonjun told them as Beomgyu pouted "You guys haven't heard me sing yet, but you won't like it." He sighed knowing he wasn't as talented as his friends.

"It's okay, if you're not great, we can help harmonize with you so you sound great" Kai said trying to stay positive as the ball came to him. He did an underhand pass to Beomgyu.

Beomgyu looked skeptical but sighed because all four of his friend's gorgeousness was all the peer pressure eye needed. "Alright I'm" he groaned catching the ball.

"Come on, we should go practice then" Soobin suggests. "Our school band is coming to perform. Apparently, because they were announced best in the state." Kai reminds excited to see their seniors.

"Definitely better than your band you made back in middle school" he teased Taehyun who groaned remembering his short-lived band that he had made when he was younger.

"We get it Yeonjun Hyung, why do you always have to bring it up" the younger whined clears it embarrassed about his past.

The older laughed as they all headed back to their cabin to rehearse.

Thankfully and unbeknownst to Beomgyu, Yeonjun had gotten the members to keep their mouths shut about the other night. They had questions but Yeonjun told them to ask Beomgyu himself later.

——————

In the cabin, Kai took out his phone and showed his teammates a song he thought they should do. 

"Let's show our school band that they will regret not letting us join," Taehyun said ambitiously but Soobin just chuckled. "You mean they wouldn't let you join. Us on the other hand never wanted to join."

Taehyun grunted and threw a pillow at Soobin, "so what are your thoughts on this?" Kai asked referring to the song. 

"Perfection, let's do it" Beomgyu agreed. "If you don't feel like singing much, you can take on of Yeonjuns rapping lines" Soobin suggested to Beomgyu knowing he wasn't the most confident in his singing. 

"What?! Noo, my lines" Yeonjun whined tugging on Soobin's arms. Soobin glared at them and gestured towards Beomgyu who looked sort of awkward. Yeonjun sighed knowing if he had to give up his precious coveted lines for anyone, he would be okay as long as it was Beomgyu.

"Come on, enough practice now, let's do something," Kai suggests standing up from the bunk. 

"I have a better idea" Beomgyu argued reaching out his hands and tugging Kai onto his bunk. "Gyu hyunggg" Kai whined and Beomgyu wrapped his arms around the younger. 

Soobin laughed "Kai just stop moving, you must know by now that when anyone of us wants to cuddle, it's impossible to reject us, your our personal cuddle buddy. You must've seen Yeonjun be like this when you slept over at his house all the time in the summer right?" Soobin asked chuckling completely unaware of the awkward tension now brought to both Kai and Yeonjun as they remembered their encounter from the other day.

"Y-Yeah" Kai chuckled awkwardly as he noticed Yeonjun send him a sympathetic look. Yeonjun felt bad for leading Kai on when he did even if only for a split second was enough for them to have thought they caused a hole in their friendship.

"See? Soobin gets it," Beomgyu grinned hugging onto the younger and wrapping his legs around Kai. "You're trapped," he said in an ever so slightly demonic way. Taehyun got up off the bed and sighed "well see you suckers, I'm off" He said in an attempt to leave the cabin but before he could even take one step he was stopped.

"Nuh-uh, I don't think so," Kai said gripping onto Taehyun's arm and pulling him onto the bed filling up the remaining space, making the bed now squished.

"I hate you" Taehyun groaned but accepted his fate as Beomgyu moved over slightly and made room for him. He sighed and moved slightly, so he was now higher on the bed and turned on his side wrapping his arms around Kai. "This is my fate," he said dramatically with a smile-that if you ask anyone he would deny- plastered on his face.

Beomgyu grinned, he felt the safest and most whole when he was cuddling with his friends. He called it just a sense of belonging, but being in that moment and looking at the look that he had on his face as he played with Taehyuns hair and held hands with Kai, would tell you a very different story than the one Beomgyu liked to tell himself.

Yeonjun looked at the three with not a look of jealousy, but more a look of missing out. Little did he know that besides him, his boyfriend was having similar feelings.

"Wanna go for a walk?" Yeonjun asked looking at their boyfriend with a soft smile. Soobin got out of his thoughts and turned to Yeonjun and nodded. "I'd love that."

——————

A/N: Little bit of a fluff chapter