CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

As the bell rang signifying the start of classes. The five individuals walked excitedly to their classes, eager to finish their day so their evening of a volleyball game can begin.

Unfortunately for them, the day went by extremely slow as they anticipated their game.

When the bell had finally rung signifying the end of classes, the five boys were more than ready as they rushed to the gym with anxious but excited faces.

Belift high showed up not too later after that. They seemed prepared with serious faces on. Soobin noticed Beomgyu's visual tension when Jake entered the gym but assured his teammates that he was 'over it' and ready to destroy them.

So they Ameche dour to the court and nodded their heads at their opponents. Heeseung smiled and walked up to Yeonjun and gave them a friendly hug. "Good luck today, let's talk after the game, Jake will want to do some explaining for himself," he said gesturing to Beomgyu who was tying his shoes. Yeonjun nodded and smiled at their friend. "Thanks, Hee, a lot happened since we talked so let's try to catch up at some point." Both boys nodded and agreed to Yeonjuns statement and went to their respective sides as the referee blew the whistle to signify the Stuart of the game.

The bleacher was quickly filled with students eager to watch. All of those faces gave the five boys their extra strength.

They were prepared.

Beomgyu performed perfectly as always showing Jake he was wrong for ever doubting his skills, and with every hit of the ball towards the other team, it only convinced Beomgyu more of his worth. Taehyun was really good too throwing a few spikes at the other team which did end up working to their advantage. Kai was really fast and was able to hit most balls before they dropped or landed out of bounds which helped to their success. Yeonjun and Soobin played in perfect harmony, as much as neither would like to admit. They always worked like one mind on the court.

By the end of the game, it was hard to say that Bighit High didn't give their all.

They all grinned knowing they did their best. Nothing brought their mood down. Not even the 2 points that Belift had ahead and won.

It would be a lie to say they weren't disappointed, but they weren't upset, not nearly as they would've been before camp.

They had come so far and lost once to Belift, that won't change the number of times Belift will lose to them in the future.

They agreed to all go out to dinner after the game.

Boy, will it be awkward.

Jungwon, Sunoo, and Heeseung were really chatty with the other team and didn't notice the awkwardness of their own teammates as well as the awkwardness that followed being in the same booth as the people that had so much sadness towards each other.

"So I see you guys worked through everything?" Beomgyu said mostly directed towards Jake. The Australian nodded shyly.

He had a new aura about him, he seemed less angry and a lot happier. "They were able to convince me that maybe I'm not completely hopeless," he said looking at his teammates with a soft smile.

Beomgyu smiled, he really was happy for him. "Good I'm glad, one of us deserves happiness."

He meant the statement to be happy and not so bittersweet yet still saying it left a taste in his mouth. And the statement didn't go unnoticed by the others.

Taehyun huffed and shifted uncomfortably, Soobin and Yeonjun frowned, and Kai rolled his eyes.

Jake smiled awkwardly at Beomgyu and fiddled with his fingers. "I hope you know I really am sorry, I treated you like proper shit and I don't expect you to ever really forgive me, I just want you to know that I took my anger out on you and it wasn't okay."

The two teams sat there in silence and let the two boys get the closure they both so desperately needed.

"I don't know if I can just forgive you..." Beomgyu said biting his lip and looking down and he took a long breath.

"But, that doesn't mean I don't want to try" he finished and nodded towards Jake with an encouraging face.

Jake smiled a real smile that hadn't been seen in a while. It was the kind that everyone around you would want to smile. "That's all I can ask."

The tension seemed to have been broken and the teams started chatting about everything and anything.

That evening proved just how much they had in common instead of how much they didn't. By the end of dinner, Jake and Beomgyu were talking like the strangers that they were. The old bitterness had faded away and they actually tried to get to know each other.

Beomgyu could definitely say that that chapter of his life was behind him. And the new one is the four boys standing in front of him as they leave the restaurant.

As the rain starts falling and the five are left in the rain. Beomgyu looks to them.

"So who's coming over?"

There was hesitation with a few but everyone eventually agreed.

"Then let's go"

There were two ways this night could go. Good or horribly, horribly wrong. So wrong that Beomgyu will have to bury himself 36 feet deep in the hole he dug himself. But It was worth the risk.

——
A/N: out of all of TXT's scenes with each other shown so far, which is your favourite? Mine is the lake scene with Soobin and Hyuka, I got the idea from a random memory I have of the show, bunk'd.
And also please leave ideas of scenes that you'd want to happen between the members, and who you'd want it with (can be all)