CHAPTER SIXTEEN

It was the perfect kiss in the perfect moment, in a not-so-perfect way. Yeonjun never wanted to part their lips from the soft pink ones that belonged to Kai.

As they were moving their lips together in perfect harmony, a nagging began to play in the back of Yeonjun's head. He ignored it best he could, focused on the beauty in front of him.

Kai hummed also losing himself in Yeonjuns lips. This was his first kiss. He doesn't let people get close in fear of them hurting him.

Ironically, here he was now with one of the few individuals he was closest with, about to break his heart when they part, but somehow that didn't matter in the moment. It felt surreal and he couldn't believe he was in a current lip lock with his childhood best friend.

Yeonjun finally snapped out from the perfect bubble he surrounded himself in and gasped, pushing Kai away from him as gently as he could.

"I-I-we can't" He exhaled taking in deep breaths from loss of oxygen during the kiss. Oh how bad he didn't want to part and the look on Kai's face was enough to break him.

Kai looked hurt when Yeonjun had pushed him, but also came to the realization that he had just betrayed one of his closest friends, and one of the five people that held his heart. Soobin.

"I'm so sorry Noona" he let out a choked sob, he couldn't believe that he had let himself get caught in the moment.

Yeonjun heard Kai's sob and wanted to comfort him, but he was too repulsed.

Not by Kai, never by Kai, but by his own actions, and that he had let himself do what he, what they just did.

"I have to go," He said walking out the way they came and headed back to the silence of the cabin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Yeonjun changed his clothes and got into his bed quietly, he was unable to get rid of the many emotions that swirled in his head from the previous events.

He betrayed Soobin...

Or did he?

What did Heeseung mean?

Why would he kiss Kai when he felt the same way about him that he did- well Beomgyu or Taehyun.

Would he want to kiss them too?

What is wrong with him for having these kinds of thoughts!

Was it wrong to have just left Kai out there alone?

What is this going to mean for Kai and him?

How could he forget how much damage this would do to his relationship with Soobin?

Is he going to tell Soobin?

Yes. The answer to that question was pretty clear to him, he would never lie to Soobin, he couldn't and Soobin didn't deserve that. No matter what is going to happen to their relationship, he loved Soobin too much to hide this from him.

Yeonjun may be struggling with their feelings but they never once would have considered themself unloyal or a cheater which both things tonight he was...

Soon enough the sun began to rise and Yeonjun realized he hadn't gotten a wink of sleep.

The door to the cabin opened letting in a streak of light, just enough to illuminate the cabin so that Yeonjun could that Kai walked in looking completely disheveled and exhausted,

They could tell he'd been crying all night. All Yeonjun wanted was to go up to him and tell him it was okay, but honestly, they didn't even know themself if it would be.

—-

A/N: I'm back! And well, I'm excited as ever to bring you new chapters! This one is short because this was a draft but just wait, lots more is in store for these five volleyball players. Please feel free to ask any questions that you have and I will try to answer!