CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

"Well that was a disappointment" Kai frowned as he thought of the game they had just lost towards BeLift High. "It could have been worse, this is just the beginning of our rivalry" Soobin reminded him as the five teenagers stepped out of Soobin's car and headed towards the large building Beomgyu had the 'honour' to call his home.

"Wow, I forgot you lived this nice" Yeonjun commented since none of them had really come over to his house much. Beomgyu put on a fake smile and opened the door to his house. "Well welcome to my humble abode," he said sarcastically and they entered into the large entryway with marble flooring.

"Beomgyu! is that you?!" a voice called out as the boys took off their shoes. A woman in her mid forties stepped out. She had dark hair and a smile that was so fake, plastered on from years of hosting parties and gatherings for her family's social status. She looked very similar to beomgyu and was easily identified as his mother.

Beomgyu kept his fake smile as he looked at his mother. "Yeah I'm home, you said I could bring the team for a sleepover remember?" His mother looked like she wanted to argue as she glanced at the four others.

Soobin quickly stepped forwards and bowed politely. "Mrs. Choi it is a pleasure to meet you" he smiled easing the tension a bit. Mrs. Choi seemed to like Soobin and let a calmer smile form. "The pleasure is all mine, welcome to my home, I hope my son treats you well while you are here," she said and as abruptly as she was there, she left leaving Beomgyu and his friends alone.

"Come on, before I have to deal with my dad" he said ushering them down the long hallway to his room.

The room was decorated with punk band posters and loud colourful decorations around the room. "Cool room!" Kai said eagerly as he noticed the large penguin stuffie that lay on Beomgyu's bed. Beomgyu smiled more genuinely at the younger's happiness.

The four quickly got accustomed to the room and each found a comfortable place to sit with Kai, Beomgyu and Yeonjun on the bed and Soobin and Taehyun on the small couch near the bed.

An awkward silence slowly lay across the group as Soobin and Yeonjun stared at each other with a curiosity to see who would make the first move.

Kai was the first to break the silence and he jumped off the bed and abruptly stood up with his fists balled. "I'M SORRY!" he exclaimed as his eyes faced the ground. "This is all my fault so don't be mad at each other, I need you both and I would hate myself if I was the reason you two kept on hating each other," the youngest said as tears threatened to fall. The two boys who were not involved in the mess were on standby, not daring to move in case the others do make up but also making sure that neither Soobin nor Yeonjun hurt Kai in the process.

"I could never hate them, I don't think it's physically possible" Soobin tries as he sees the sadness in Kai's eyes. "Then why are you still mad?! It was a mistake!" Kai shouts with every word hitting his heart like daggers.

Soobin stands up and wraps kai in his arms. He held on for a few seconds before speaking. "I love Yeonjun but it's more complicated than that, I don't think I can trust them anymore".

"Then why not start anew? It's clear not everything can be worked through overnight, but if you love each other enough would you be willing to clear the slate?" Taehyun asks gaining the attention of the others "would you be willing to compromise for your love? trust can be earned but if you are not willing to make things work then you might as well give up".

Soobin looked to Yeonjun as he processed the words he was told. "I'm willing to make things work, of course I am but how can I know you really like me Yeonjun when you went and kissed someone else" Soobin gave the maknae in his arms a small squeeze to let him know it wasn't him he was upset with.

"I'm willing to fight as hard as I have to for you, I'm willing to do anything to earn you back but I can't deny my feelings for Kai, the kiss might've been a mistake but my feelings aren't..." he says giving the shocked younger one a small smile.

"You still love me?" Soobin asked tears in his eyes showing that the kiss hurt him, not because Yeonjun cheated but because he though the older didn't love him anymore.

"Binnie, I never stopped," Yeonjun said peeling Soobin away from Kai and bringing him close to themself. "No matter what happens, no matter who I like. I love you, and I make myself regret it every day for hurting you. I can never take that back, but what I can do is promise to never hurt you like that again" Yeonjun knew what that meant. He knew the severity behind a promise like that, and he knew that it would bite him in the leg every time he even glanced in Kai, Beomgyu, and Taehyun's direction, but he could not and would not lose Soobin again.

"All I can ask is for you to never leave me, and if you want to kiss someone then at least ask me to join" he partially joked to ease the tension. Whether there was seriousness behind it or not, that would be determined later.

"Then what comes next?"

"Forgive me?" The pink-haired teen asked to which they received a huge hug from the younger. "As long as I get to hold you in my arms forever" He said squeezing tighter and nuzzled his head in Yeonjuns neck.

"Not that this isn't cute and all but I invited you over for some fun and right now all I feel like doing is being sappy." Beomgyu groaned throwing a pillow at the reunited lovebirds.

"Beomgyu's right, this is a sleepover, after all, let's play some video games" Taehyun agreed as he gestured to Boemgyu's PlayStation set up that he had.

Not everything was forgotten, not everything was resolved, but at that moment, five young boys were able to just be themselves and forget their past.

Maybe not forever, but just for now, it was enough.