CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

Taehyun gave the injured patient a piggy back ride out to Soobin's car and the others followed. "you know I'm not disabled guys" Yeonjun whined "I can walk"

"Not on my watch" Taehyun huffed as Beomgyu laughed "finally Yeonjun is being treated like the prince he always claims he is and now they don't even want the treatment?" he laughed at the absurdity of it.

"Leave me alone, im in pain" Yeonjun said sending an innocent smile towards the boys causing them all to laugh. They proceeded to carry the 'princess' to his dad's car.

Yeonjun's dad did not seem happy to be there and kept mumbling something about work needing him.

None of the four boys could say anything since they wanted to keep their relationship a secret and not get Yeonjun's dad suspicious but they hated that he was the one to pick Yeonjun up. They couldn't do anything though since it was still a few weeks till Yeonjun was 18 and as a minor, his dad had to pick them up.

Mr.Choi quickly ushered the four boys away as he drove off with Yeonjun.
_____

With Yeonjun's injury, his friend's Seo Changbin and Jung Wooyoung have been hanging out more and more at Bighit High, during lunches and arriving immediately after school to take him home. Wooyoung was the more common factor in this as he lived closer and was more available.

Changbin was a soccer player at Bighit High's neighbouring school; The JYP Academy for Boys. Wooyoung was homeschooled and lived only maybe a couple blocks away from the highschool. The three friends had met middle school at a mini olympics for tweens, all three winning first in their respective sports. Volleyball, soccer and track.

Today was no different. It was lunchtime and Wooyoung showed up with homemade cookies and enough sandwiches to feed an army, which of course was just enough to feed all six of them.

"Wooyoung over here!" Yeonjun called spotting his best friend with a grin unaware to the silence that immediately fell over the volleyball team's lunch table.

Wooyoung took a seat and Yeonjun and him almost instantly launched into a conversation about this new anime that was out.

Kai couldn't help the frown that fell over his face. It used to be him or Taehyun that Yeonjun would excitedly talk about new anime or video games with. This just felt not right, it felt like part of him was being wronged against and he couldn't resist the tear that ran down his face before subtly rubbing it away.

He didn't even know why he felt like this, he had his own friends, Beomgyu's best friend went to Changbin's school, and Soobin had so many friends he spent a lot of time with. This was different though, it was like someone was breaking into something so sacred that did not belong to them.

Kai noticed he was not the only one upset by this sudden closeness in friendship, taehyun's fists were clenched under the table, Beomgyu was pretending to listen to the conversation but you could tell he was wrapped up in his own thoughts, soobin was the only one who seemed to peacefully be eating his meal, Kai guessed he was just maybe used to it. Though Kai didn't like the idea of having to get used to it.

Soobin and Yeonjun have been dating for a long time and he undoubtedly experienced Yeonjun's distancing when with his best friends, but even then it was just the two of them, cheating would have been instant grounds for a break up and was for sure what stopped Yeonjun from pursuing anything with Wooyoung, afterall they got along so well.

Now the lines for cheating were blurred.
was the five of them exclusive?
would yeonjun be allowed to date anyone he wanted now?
would any of them be able to? this didn't sit right with Kai.
Yeonjun cheated on Soobin with Kai and everyone ended up together.
If Yeonjun suddenly decides he wants Wooyoung,
would they all have to just accept that?

Kai's mind was running a million miles per second and he couldn't even comprehend one thought before another intruded.

He needed to take a breath.

Standing up and walking away from the table, Kai left without saying a word, he didn't want to worry anyone but he figured they were too busy anyways to access anything else.

He was just so confused and conflicted and he felt guilty for feeling this way.

Kai walked outside to the back of the school, he knew any of them were never supposed to go to secluded areas without each other but he just didn't the energy to walk all the way to the front of the school.

Kai paused realizing he was not alone.

Across the school laid out on a picnic blanket, against a tree, lay a couple. The girl sat in front of the boy her head towards him, seemingly making out, so Kai couldn't make out her face but he recognized the guy. He was a senior from Kai's programming club. He didn't know much about the guy, just that he was rich and girls tended to stay away from him.

On a second glance having forgotten why he needed to come out here in the first place, Kai recognized the long pink hair of the girl.

"Bahiyyih?" He spoke aloud causing the pair to split and look towards him in shock.

The girl- Bahiyyih's face was red and it looked like she had been crying. "Bahiyyih!" Kai said more loudly running to where they were at and pulling the girl off of the boy's lap. "what the hell dude!" The guy cursed "who the fuck are you?" he angrily asked standing to be at eye level with Kai.

"I'm her brother, now leave" Kai said in a voice so cold he didn't even know he had it in him. The boy seemed to want to say more but left anyways. Kai being a couple inches taller probably did it for him.

"Hiyyih, are you okay?? who was that, what happened?" Kai asked immediately turning towards his sister who seemed angry and relieved at the same time. "That was my- I don't know, we've been hanging out, you had no right scaring him off" she said now glaring at her older brother.

"He's a senior Hiyyih, your only a freshman, thats borderline illegal" Kai insisted "plus I can tell youve been crying, what did he do to you? I'll kill him if I have to" Kai stated seeming to be very serious about this.

"It's none of your business, this is my battle to fight, leave me alone" Bahiyyih mumbled her eyes on the floor as she turned and walked away leaving Kai alone again to process all of that.

A/N: thanks to whoever is still reading this book! i took quite a few months break but I'm back to updating
disclaimer: I don't know how the school system works in Korea so am basing it off the American school system