CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

The busses arrive to the camp and all over were campers getting ready and lining up to get into them.

The five boys were lined up as well with Yeonjun the farthest away from Kai as possible. They decided to tell Soobin on the bus so they could have time to talk about it. The anxiety of waiting was getting to them and Soobin noticed.

He linked his arm with Yeonjuns and looked at him quizzically. "Nervous to get home?" He asked unsure of what was causing Yeonjun's anxiety.

Yeonjun pulled away from the grasp instantly feeling guilty that Soobin felt so comfortable around them without knowing what a horrible person they were.

"I-i'm fine, come on we are gonna load soon" they said awkwardly as they moved up in the line as their turn soon came to take a bus.

Beomgyu and Taehyun noticed Kai's quiet and sad demeanour. They edged closer to him in worry. "Hyuka, what's wrong?" Beomgyu coaxed quietly knowing that Kai wasn't going to express his feelings if anyone else could hear.

Kai looked at them with teary eyes but shook his head. "I'm fine!" He huffed with a pout that meant he was going to cry more. Taehyun immediately moved and wiped the tears from Kai's eyes.

"You are too beautiful to cry" he said wiping the last of the tears from his eyes. Beomgyu grabbed Kai's hand and pouted with him. "I'm not gonna be happy until you are."

That got Kai to smile a bit at both of his friends attempts to cheer him up.

Gosh he loved them. That just made him cry more but he accepted the embrace that both of his friends brought him into as he cried.

It was their turn to get on the bus and just as Yeonjun turned to let the three youngests know, they saw the situation and immediately turned around guiltily leaving Soobin to tell them.

Eventually everyone was on the bus. Kai stays with Taehyun at the back and Beomgyu insisted to have his own seat in front of Kai and Taehyun.

Soobin oblivious to Yeonjuns discomfort, chose a seat for the two of them right in the middle.

The start of the bus ride was roudy with the two other teams who were bussing with them talking loudly about their fun that they had. Kai had fallen asleep with Taehyun and Beomgyu whispering to each other.

Yeonjun was still contemplating on what they wanted to say but Soobin was having enough. He was tired of Yeonjun ignoring him and wanted to know what was going on.

"Yeonjun-ah what's wrong?" Soobin tries. Yeonjun sighed realizing that this was it.

"It's really complicated, and I promise that it doesn't mean what you think, unless it does and then you get mad but ugh I don't want you to be mad cause I never want to hurt you and if you are and I don't know what I'll-" they were rambling until Soobin put a finger to Yeonjun's lips.

"Hey just tell me, I promise I will do my best to try to understand you okay?" Yeonjun sighs and nods.

"Last night after the fire me and Kai went on a walk and we got caught in the moment..."

Soobin's breath hitched, he didn't know if he wanted to know what Yeonjun was about to say.

"I cheated on you last night Binnie, and with every fibre of my being I wish I could take it back"  they get out on the verge of tears. Soobin having a similar reaction.

"With... Kai?" He breathes out, barely above a whisper as tears threaten to spill down his face. The answer didn't really matter, not anyway, but the lingering unknown pain of almost jealousy haunted the answer.

If it was a yes, then not only would Yeonjun have cheated, but he would have cheated with the person who Soobin himself had to turn away his feelings for so he could stay true to Yeonjun. Why couldn't Yeonjun do the same?

If he had the control to push his feelings away for Kai and Yeonjun didn't, then does that mean they don't love him as much as he loves them?

If the answer was a no would it hurt as much? No.

It would hurt more.

Kai, maybe he could understand, but someone else? That would hurt him even more and he didn't know why.

Yeonjun looks down in guilt not daring to touch Soobin as they let him process.

"Yes" they answer almost to Soobins relief, but how much relief could he get when his partner just cheated on him?

Soobin stands up as the tears start pouring down his face and goes to sit with Beomgyu.

Beomgyu doesn't say anything, though confused nonetheless. He lets Soobin cry and wraps an arm around him as the older rested his head on his shoulder.

This was going to be a long trip.

—-