Neighbours

Jennie POV

FLASHBACK

I pulled Jungkook into the empty classroom.

"What happened Jennie?" he asked.

"I have something to say. I have had a cru-"

"I have something to say, too" he cut me off.

"I am moving to LA tomorrow morning" he said.

Before I could do anything, he was gone.

Gone out of my sight.

Gone out of my grasp.

Gone out of my happiness...

Present Time

"GIRL SNAP OUT OF IT!"

I was pulled away from my thoughts when Joy snapped her fingers.

"Oh-h sorry I wasn't paying attention." I stuttered.

She gave me an "I-don't-believe-you-look" and continued talking.

"Girl, aren't you gonna move to your own apartment tomorrow? You are now gonna make a big step in your life! You have graduated college, now think of all the achievements you'll have! I am so proud of you, Jendeuk!" Joy genuinely smiled, I mean, what else do you expect from a best friend that's been with you since middle school?

"Yep, and will you do me the honour of helping me design my home, your highness?" I asked, playfully wriggling my eyebrows, making her giggle.

"I would be honoured, your Majesty" she replied, not before making us burst into laughter.

"Anyways" she started after we calmed down,"when do you want to start?"

"Actually, everything has been taken to the apartment, we just gotta rearrange everything, carino" I said, making Joy double over with laughter.

"I swear to god, Jen, I might rip my gut from laughing to hard!" she said, giggling.

"Lets go?" I asked, and she nodded as we entered my car and drove to my new apartment.

As we entered the room, we were in awe of how good it looked in person.

"Jen, this place is amazing! I'm so jelly, I still have to share a dorm with Gossip Giana" Joy said, putting on a bored expression.

I just shrugged my shoulders and smiled.

DING

Joy phone buzzed as she checked her messages.

"Oh crap, my mom set me up on a date with her friend's son! Wish me luck!"

She started to head out the door but stopped when I said something.

"Be careful, I don't need a mini Sooyoung coming on it's way!" I called, making her stare at me wide-eyed.

"GIRL!" she shrieked as I burst out of laughter.

Joy pouted and waved my goodbye.

DING DONG

Great. I headed to the door and opened it, only to see a box.

For a moment, I stood there bewildered, but soon brought the box in.

I opened the letter on top of the box and read it out.

Dear neighbour, it said.

Welcome to your new apartment! I live in the apartment condo next door and am so happy to meet you! Inside the box there are a few essential items and goodies for you! I hope you like your new home!

Sincerely, your neighbour

It was really kind of them to give me these items.

But something bothered me.

I felt like I saw this handwriting somewhere before.

I just shook my head, thinking about this whole day.

As I lay on the couch, I thought about who this neighbour could be.

Hello! This is the first part of my new oneshot! Big thanks to jjeninii unnie for suggesting this idea! Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow me! Saranghae, my readers!-Emi