Insecurities

This chapter contains some self harm and bad thoughts. Please skip this chapter if you can get triggered easily! Thank you!

Jennie POV

Jungkook and I entered the cafe.

The sweet smell of brewed coffee and fresh doughnuts wafted through the air.

As we were talking, a woman entered the shop, wearing expensive clothing. She turned towards us and started walking to our table.

"Kookie!" she said, and I was baffled at who this girl was.

"Oh hello, Eunji-ssi. How are you?" my boyfriend asked in a formal way.

"Hey where did my nickname go? We're still best friends" she exclaimed scooting closer to Jungkook.

"Sorry Eunji, anyways what are you here for?" he asked politely.

"Oh, I just came here for a drink. By the way, my mom told me that she wanted to set us up. Where should we go?" she asked, that woman legit had the audacity to ask him that.

"Sorry, but he's already taken" I spoke up.

Eunji rolled her eyes.

Jungkook just left the two of us while he went to the barista.

"Well, I don't see anybody. I guess the only girl I see is a fat pig, also known as you" she smirked.

Before I could do anything, Jungkook came back.

"Are you serious!? All I said was hi, and now you are attacking me?" Eunji faked, acting like she was the victim.

She thought Jungkook would stand up to her, but I ain't gonna let her do that.

I pulled Jungkook out of the cafe.

"Are you ok, Jen?" he asked, as I nodded my head, while driving to our shared apartment.

Present Time

I was in my room, thinking about what happened a few hours back. Jungkook had gone to the grocery store to get a few items, and sadly, he didn't notice my bad mood.

I examined myself in the mirror. Eunji was right. I do look like a pig. And in order for Jungkook not to drift off to her, it was time to get healthy.

Flashforward

Okay, I gotta tell you, it was hard as heck.

My girls and I had plans to got to the ice cream shop, but unfortunately, I had to cancel the plans.

CREAK

Jungkook was home.

I quickly jumped on my bed to pretend I was reading a book.

He peeked in and saw me reading. He then went down stairs.

I sighed and my shoulders sagged. Thank god.

"Jennie! I got some chips and fries! Want some?" Jungkook called from downstairs.

I frowned and shouted,"Nope, you eat them!"

Hopefully he won't be suspicious. I thought, huffing and going to sleep.

Next Day

Sunlight peered through the blinds, as I opened my eyes.

I finished my morning routine and jogged downstairs. I saw bread with jam on the table, and my mouth watered at the sight. What do you expect, I slept with an empty stomach last night.