Sick

Flashback

"You think I'll love you? Never! This is just an arranged marriage, Jennie Kim, don't forget that!" Jungkook shouted, leaving me in tears.

Present Time

Jennie POV

I woke up startled, as I held my chest, trying to keep myself from crying. I looked to my side, and saw my arranged husband, Jeon Jungkook. I sighed and admired his features, wondering if he felt the same way as me. I remembered what happened earlier and shook my head.

I gently got off the bed, the mattress squeaking as my weight got off. I suddenly felt as if a chilly wind formed in my head. It was paining like hell. I brushed it off and quickly did my morning routine.

Time Skip

Sunlight shined through the windows as I hummed and cooked breakfast. Hearing loud footsteps making their way down stairs, I quickly placed the food on plates."Morning, Jungkook" I called, as he just huffed in response.

"Is everything okay?" I asked Jungkook as he sat on a chair and ate.

"Stop worrying about me, okay? I'm not a baby" he huffed and unknowingly pouted, which I found cute. I sat down at ate alongside my husband. Jungkook got up and put on his blazer."I'll be home late, so don't wait for me" he said as he took the car keys and headed out the door.

I sighed placed the dishes in the sink. Suddenly, I gripped my hair in pain as a throbbing ache went through my body. I lay down on the sofa as I tried looking at my phone. The sudden brightness hurt my eyes and I had to quickly put it down.

Maybe a stroll will help. I thought to myself. I got off the couch and slipped on my coat. With a cup of coffee in my hand, I walked outside. A light breeze slipped around me, as I took a whiff of the smells of nature.

As I walked in the park, the smell of gasoline of the oncoming vehicles tingled my nose. My head started to ache again, and this time, the pain stayed longer. I threw my empty cup in the nearest bin and raced home.

I quickly locked the door and sighed. What the hell is going on? I thought to myself. I quickly grabbed my towel, along with a fresh pair of clothes, and darted into the bathroom. I turned on the tap, and warm water instantly came pouring onto my body. The bathroom quickly became a relaxing sauna.

I smiled to myself and quickly put on some comfy clothes. I made my way to the kitchen and cooked lunch, with pasta and salad on the menu. Perfect. I thought, as I looked at the fresh meal in front of me.

Time Skip

It was currently 8, and I had finished my dinner. I was reading a book to pass the time, while dressed in my pyjamas. When's Jungkook gonna be home? I thought, while taking a sip of milk. I lay down on the couch and made myself comfy. Just 5 minutes. I thought to myself, and soon, I was in dreamland.

Third Person POV

It was 11:45 and Jungkook made his way home. The light was on in the living room, and Jungkook got confused. He hurried to the door.

"God, she better not be- asleep" he said, as he saw his wife's petite form on the couch. Jennie's chest rose and fell as she took each breathe."Aish, I told you not to wait for me" Jungkook said, as he carried her upstairs in bridal style.

He then gently placed her on the shared bed and placed a light blanket on her. Jungkook lightly held her hand stared at her sleeping body. He shook his head and smiled, and changed in to his pyjamas. Quietly slipping into bed next to Jennie, he made her body face towards him.

"I'm sorry" Jungkook started,"I'm sorry for saying mean things to you. I am truly sorry for that. In reality, I love you with all my heart even though we were forced. Unfortunately, I have to be cold to you for some reason. I love you Jennie-ah and I hope you feel the same way." he whispered to his sleeping wife, and then closed his eyes.

Next Day

Jennie POV

I woke up in our shared bed. I looked to my side and saw Jungkook, peacefully sleeping. Maybe he carried me here. I thought, and rushed through my morning.

Time Skip

Today was no different from yesterday. I kept getting pain and cramps throughout my whole body, and even worse, I didn't know what the cause was. With nothing to do, I took a bus to the nearest pharmacy.

I found out I had stomach flu. Great. Just the thing I needed to ruin my mood. I stopped by the local drugstore and took my prescribed medications. I headed home and had my pills. I made sure that Jungkook wouldn't find out that I'm sick.

Now I'm stuck with an illness and nothing to do.

One Week Later

My illness was just getting worse. It didn't feel like stomach flu at all. Just a more painful type. Turns out I had a severe case of stomach flu. At first, it was outrageous. I started to vomit more, and my body became weaker. My internal system became sensitive and I couldn't eat proper food. Worst of all I had to hide all my pain to avoid Jungkook finding out.

In other words, the pain was UNBEARABLE.

And here I am tossing and turn late at night, while Jungkook is sound asleep. Suddenly, a sting of pain went through my stomach. Not now, please! I thought to myself, as I quietly hurried to the bathroom. 

(Warning! This part of the oneshot gets a bit icky. Please skip if you have a weak stomach!)

All the churned food from dinner came out of my mouth, as I bent over the toilet bowel. And I wouldn't stop vomiting. A few minutes later, I started vomiting again. Suddenly, I felt my hair being gently held up to avoid it going to my mouth.

When I finished, I wiped my mouth and looked up. There was my husband smiling sleepily at me while caressing my back.

"There, there" he said, making me calm down."How long were you sick, Jennie?" he asked me and I gave in.

"For a week" I said feebly, and Jungkook pulled me into a hug."Why didn't you tell me?" he asked, while both of us were sitting on the bathroom floor, in each other's arms.

"I t-thought y-y-you would be m-mad, and y-you said you didn't l-l-love me" I stuttered, while hiccuping."Aish, I should have known. Jennie, I'm truly sorry for being mean to you. I didn't have any intention for that. The truth is that, I love you to the moon and back." he said, I started crying.

He carried me to the bed and placed me down gently. He lay down and cuddled me."Goodnight, Jungkook" I said, sleepily."Goodnight, my love" he replied back.

Hello! Thank you to @goldprincess_jenkook for suggesting this idea! Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow me! Saranghae, my readers!-Emi