Fear

"River, You're up" Eric spoke out.

It was the second stage of training, the mental part. I walk into a room with only a chair in it. The walls are yellow, it's an unpleasant setting. 

"Take a seat," Eric shuts the door behind me who closes the whole room. I take a deep breath as I sit down on the chair. "I'm going to inject you with a serum that stimulates the part of your brain that processes fear." He says while making the injection ready.

"Great."

"The transmitter in the serum allows me to see in your mind." 

"You can see inside my mind," I asked him I asked him shocked.

"Mhm." 

"No, Eric. No." I say while I grab his arm. 

"You will be okay." 

"No Eric. You don't understand. It just can't happen." He looks me in the eye before pushing the needle inside me. "ERIC!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I open my eyes. I see the familiar Amity fields. I was the little girl again, Sitting in the old barn on an old frame piece. I see my parents walking in the fields, I want to go to them but then I see another guy. My parents go and sit on their knees there hands on their heads. I jump down, running to a nearby tree, hiding behind it. 10 meters away from my parents. I hear a gun firing. I see my dad drop dead to the ground. I wanted to scream but before I could do my mom got shot too. I couldn't believe my eyes. I grabbed I nearby branch and threw it in the shoulder of the guy, making him drop his gun. I ran over to it and grabbed it aiming it at him, tears were streaming down my face. 

"Ooh shit, you weren't supposed to see that," That's what he said, he shot my parents and that's what he said?  I killed him, a bullet straight through his brain. I ran over to my parents, their bodies holding them as I sobbed, blood soaking in my clothes.

"RIVER, WHERE ARE YOU!" Goerge yelled out. I knew what was waiting for me. He came into my room. He looked at me before locking the door behind him. He beat me, I was bruised and bleeding everywhere. After the beating, he pinned my arms over my head. Slowly taking off my pants. He raped me. 

I gasp, looking for air. I was in shock tears were streaming down my face.

"Hey, calm down, you're okay. Look at me." Eric tried to reassure me. I was hysterical, I ran out of the room punching Eric in the face, I think.

Half an hour later, I was on the roof hugging my knees, gently rocking myself back and forth. Eric sat down next to me not saying anything. I laid my head on his shoulder. He wrapped his hands around me pulling me into him. His warm body making me feel safe. 

"Now you know my secret," I whispered. He doesn't respond and just hugs me tighter. I fall asleep like this.