neighbors

Lexa's pov

I was quietly studying in my room while I listened to some music. I had an important science exam next week and I couldn't fail it.

My concentration was quickly disturbed by people talking loudly outside my window. I walked closer to it and looked out. I saw a blonde girl and her mother moving across the street. I was glad to have new neighbors, the last ones were old and cranky.

I decided to take a break and go say hi to them. It was summer so I threw on some jean shorts and a tank top. I grabbed my blue Calcite crystal necklace and ran down the stairs. I tied my converse and walked out of the house. 

I walked across the streets.

"Hey." I said smiling.

"Hey! I am Clarke!" The blond girl said cheerfully.

"Hi I am Lexa. I live across the street." I said sweetly.

"What school do you go to?" She asked moving her eyes from my face to my feet and back to my face.

"Polis. What about you?" I asked blushing.

What was that Lexa. Why are you blushing you are literally straight.

"Same! Hope I will see you there." She said smiling.

"Same." i said blushing again.

Oh my god. What is wrong with me. Stop looking at her like that.

I rapidly turned around and walked back to my house, scolding myself for reacting this way. Why did I blush? I don't like girls. I am not supposed to like girls. Yes she was pretty but didn't mean I liked her... right? Stop thinking so much it didn't mean anything.

I went back into my room and started studying again.
—————————————————————

"Hey Lexa." Raven said coming to my locker.

"Hey Reyes." I said closing my locker.

"How are you?" She asked smiling.

"I am good what about you?" I asked starting to walk.

"Good... good. Anyways there's a party at Bellamy's house tonight. Octavia, Anya, Echo and I are going and we would really like if you did too." She said smiling.

I knew something was up.

"Um... I don't know I will have to ask my mom." I said trying to find an excuse.

"You say this every time. I heard Finn was going to be there and I heard he had a little crush on you." Raven said laughing.

I really wasn't interested in him but I guess I was supposed to be...? So I just pretended I was.

"Fine I might consider going." I said sighing.

"Hey Lex." Clarke said

No one never gave me a nickname before and it made my heart flutter.

"Hey Clarke." I said smiling

"Can I take you to your class?" She asked smiling.

Her smile was so be- ew what am I even thinking.

"Um... sure. I will see you later Reyes." I said quickly turning to Raven.

"Please consider my offer." She said before leaving.

"What offer? Did she ask you on a date?" She asked her mood changing.

"No. She wants me to come to a party tonight but I don't really like them." I said honestly.