007💋

Esmè was hurt that Max had slept with someone else. She knew she had no right to be hurt. But she couldn't help it. She thought that they had something that was worth fighting for.

When she woke that morning, she remembered that she was babysitting Lexie for the day while Grace went on a course.

Max was sleeping on the sofa. The two of them hadn't slept in the same bed since Max had said he slept with someone else.

Esmè looked at him. "Lexie is coming for the day. Grace is on a course for the day," she said.

Max nodded. "Right? And I wasn't asked to mind my own daughter?"

"Grace asked me. You were the back up."

"Charming. I'm just your back up too aren't I? You still wanted Tom."

Esmè rolled her eyes and sighed. She knew things with her and Max were extremely tense. Esmè sighed. "Maybe I should have Lex over at Grace's. It's too tense here."

"I want to see my daughter. Have her here."

***
Grace arrived with Lexie. Esmè smiled and took her. "Hey. You got time for a drink?" She asked.

"Yeah. But it'll have to be quick. I need to be there by 10:30. And it's 9:45 now," Grace said.

Max came downstairs. Esmè noticed the look between them both. She was beginning to think it was Grace who he had slept with.

Esmè took Lexie and grinned. "Hello gorgeous. How's my number one?"

"Seepy."

"Me too babes. But you can nap here."

Lexie giggled. She cuddled into Esmè and laid her head on her shoulder.

***
Esmè went to go and see Tom. But she used the cover she was taking Lexie to the park. Max seemingly didn't care.

Tom was sitting next to the park. He smiled as Esmè sat down next to him. "Are you okay?"
He asked.

"No. I think Max slept with my sister. They're both acting suspicious," Esmè said.

Tom sighed. "Es. You can't say anything. You slept with me. More than once. And they do have a daughter together. It might have been a mistake."

"I know that. But why haven't either of them told me? Instead they're making it worse by not telling me," Esmè said.

Tom took her hand and sighed. "Ask them about it. Get the truth. But remember, you haven't been faithful too," he told her.

Esmè nodded and sighed. She knew Tom was right. But she couldn't help but feel hurt by everything that had happened.

***
Esmè went back to the house. Max was there. He looked at her. "I think we need to talk."

Esmè sighed. She knew that too much has happened with them both. And that they needed to sort it. She looked at him. "Who did you sleep with? I need you to tell me."

Max sighed. "It's not important. What's important is that there's no tension between us. I still have love for you. And maybe we could try again. I know it won't be easy. But we can try," he said.

Esmè looked at him and sighed. But could she trust herself to give him a second chance? Especially when their relationship was built on nothing but lies.