0013💋

Esmè and Tom had been making plans to move in together. Both of them knew it was what they wanted. They wanted to make their relationship work.

That morning, Esmè woke in her flat. She and Tom had spent the night in her place. She smiled as he walked in. Two bacon sandwiches in his hands. "I could get used to this."

"Yeah you could. What do you say then? To us moving in together?" He asked.

"Let's do it. Let's just do it."

Tom smiled and kissed her. Esmè deepened the kiss and grinned. "We can do this can't we?"

"Yeah we can babe. We're going to do this. I know we are," Tom told her.

Esmè nodded and smiled. She took the plate from him and ate her food. She smiled. "I know. I'm lovely."

***
The two of them went into work. Esmè saw Grace who had clearly been crying and frowned. "I'll see you later. My sister is crying."

"Okay babe."

Esmè walked over to Grace. She looked to her. "What's he done?" She asked.

Grace wiped away her tears. "He left. He said he couldn't do it anymore. That he didn't want to be a father. And he left. He resigned from the school and left. He left me, he left Lexie. I can't do this without him," she sobbed.

Esmè pulled her close and sighed. She felt her heart breaking for her. She smiled. "It's going to be okay. I promise you. I love you."

"No. It was a mistake. Getting Lexie back. Because Max has just gone and ruined it. He gave me the promise of happy ever after. He sold me the perfect life."

Esmè frowned. "Don't say that Grace. Getting Lexie back, it was the best thing you've ever done. She loves you. She's mummy's little girl. And when she's old enough to know, she'll know you're the one who stayed by her side while her daddy ran off."

Grace sighed and nodded. She looked to see Lexie as she sat in the car seat. Esmè took her out and grinned. "Hello gorgeous girl. Auntie Esmè has missed you."

"Daddy go."

Esmè nodded. "I know baby. But it will be okay. You got mummy and me. And you got uncle Tommy too," she said as she picked her up.

Lexie giggled and nodded. She smiled. "Mine mummy loves me too!"

"She does baby. And you know your daddy loves you too. But he had to go away for a little bit."

Lexie nodded. "Okay."

***
Esmè was sitting in her classroom. She smiled as Tom walked in. He kissed her. "I've been thinking. I don't want to live in yours. I don't want to live in mine. I want us to find a place that's ours," he said.

"Are you saying you want us to get our own place?" Esmè asked.

Tom nodded and smiled. "That's what I'm saying babe. Look. I don't want to live somewhere we've been with our exes. I want a new beginning for us. If you want that too?" He said.

Esmè smiled. She nodded. "I want that too."

"Then I guess we're going to find our own place."

But neither of them were aware of how their pasts were about to come and haunt them.