0015💋

Esmè couldn't believe her ex had turned up. She knew that he was one she hadn't told Tom about. She knew how he had treated her in the past. And she couldn't open up about that. Not again.

Esmè had no idea how he knew where she lived. It confused her as she knew that not even Grace knew about him. She knew that it was just messy and complicated.

She woke that morning and saw Tom walking in. Lexie on his hip. "What's going on?" She asked.

Tom smiled. "Grace has a meeting. She's asked if we can take her to crèche. She gave us £20 for petrol too," he told her.

Esmè smiled. She took Lexie from Tom and smiled. "Are you okay cutie?" She asked as she kissed the top of her head.

Lexie nodded and giggled. "Mummy sad. I no ike it."

"I know gorgeous. But mummy will be okay. She's got her Lexie. And she's got auntie Esmè too," Esmè said. She looked to Tom. "Fancy making us a bacon sarnie?"

Tom rolled his eyes and smiled. He left the bedroom leaving Esmè alone with Lexie. "Have you seen daddy?"

Lexie shook her head. "No me not. He no want to see me anymores. I sad. But I okay."

Esmè kissed her head and smiled. She knew how hard this was. She knew how everything was changing. And she hated it. She hated how her past was coming back to haunt her.

***
Esmè and Tom went into work. They had taken Lexie to daycare. Tom kissed her and walked off. Esmè walked to Grace and smiled. "Hey. Tom tells me you had a meeting. Is everything okay?"

Grace nodded. "Yeah. It's to stop Kim from coming into contact with Lexie. I'm protecting my daughter. Which I think is for the best," she told her.

Esmè smiled. She took her hand. "You didn't have to pay us to take her you know. We would have taken her for you."

"I know. But I didn't want you going out your way."'

Esmè pulled her into an hug and smiled. She knew her sister. And she knew how much she was struggling. "If you need help, I'm happy to help," she said.

"It means a lot. Thank you."

***
Esmè was sitting in the staffroom. Steph walked in and smiled. "There's someone here to see you. Says his name is Drew. He looks a dish too."

Esmè rolled her eyes. She looked to her. "Tell him I'm not here. He's bad news for me Steph."

"Okay okay. Chill."

Esmè watched as Steph walked off. She sighed and looked to her phone. She saw drew had text her a few times. But she had no idea why.

Steph came back a few moments later. She sighed. "He knows you're here. He's not leaving until he's spoken to you," she told her.

Esmè rolled her eyes. "Fine."

Esmè stood up and left the staffroom. She saw drew there. "What do you want?" She asked.

"You don't write. You don't call. It's been a while."

Esmè looked to him and sighed. But just what did Drew want?