Chapter Seven- Your Problem

Sunlight glowed through the window, creating golden lines through the blinds. Agent 3 blinked her irritated eyes and rubbed them. She looked over at her phone to turn off her alarm when she realized it was set to snooze. I didn't do that... 3 thought.

She went to get out of bed when she felt like she was being held back. When the inkling looked down she noticed a pair of toned arms wrapped around her waist tightly. They belonged to Agent 8, who was sound asleep to the next to her.

3 immediately felt her face get hot. She simply fell back down onto the mattress and put a pillow over her green face. How did I get myself into this, she grumbled in her thoughts as her heart raced. 3 lightly tossed the pillow aside and hesitated to put her arms back around 8. She felt awkward now that it wasn't a time of need.

3 exhaled sharply and finally put her arms back around the octoling. 8's eyes flickered open for a second, causing 3 to panic and yank her arms back. She lost her balance and slipped off of the bed, dragging Agent 8 along with her.

"3!? Wha-" 8's eyes widened before she tumbled off the mattress.

The two of them fell to the ground with a thud. 3 winced as her back hit the hard floor. She quickly sat up when she heard a whimper from 8.

"Ow ow ow ow," 8 rambled as she held tightly onto her knuckles. She doubled over in pain and whined.

"Are you okay??" 3 got up and slouched in front of 8, "I'm so so sorry I-"

3 paused and sat down in front of 8. She helped the octoling sit up and calm down. 3 took her hand and gently unwrapped the bandage. The wound still looked somewhat fresh, and bruises were starting to form on her fingers. 3 sighed and examined her knuckles while 8 watched.

She frowned and looked back up at 8, who was watching what she was doing with calm eyes. The octoling wasn't afraid of 3 accidentally hurting her; she trusted her to the fullest. She noticed 3 paused, and when she looked up her orange eyes were met with 3's multicolored ones. Her left eye was a bright shade of pink, the kind you'd see in beautiful flower bouquets, while the other was darkened and cyan, the color of turquoise stone.

3 was about to speak before the bedroom door swung open. Agent 4 burst through the door, a huge grin on her face.

"Guys! You're finally awake, I got Marie to order us breakfast, and-" she paused to realize what was happening. "Am I interrupting something?"

3 blushed and struggled to find words as she let go of 8's hand. 8 seemed almost unfazed, but a small hint of pink crept up on her cheeks.

"Whatever, just come on! I don't want it to get cold, so," Agent 4 shrugged.

After the young inkling left the room, 8 stood up with a smile. "You go eat, I'll rewrap this," she said.

3 was about to protest before she realized 8 wouldn't change her mind anyway. She stood up and the two of them joined 4 in the kitchen.

4 was already halfway finished with a plate by the time they came in. 3 patted the top of 4's head and sighed. "Slow down, you can choke or get sick."

"Whatever, MOM," 4 shouted sarcastically as she scooped the rest of the scrambled eggs into her mouth and ran. "AND YOUR WELCOME FOR SHUTTING YOUR ALARM OFF," 4 shouted.

3 simply picked up her plate and put it into the sink. 8 sat at the table while she rewrapped her knuckles. Agent 3 looked back at her occasionally, making sure she wasn't in pain or making them too tight. She made a plate of eggs, toast, and bacon for 8, then she made herself two slices of toast and coffee. 3 sat down next to 8, who had a somewhat worried look on her face.