Chapter Ten- Feelings

Agent 8 gently blinked her eyes open, adjusting to the bright sun that peeked through the apartment windows. She started to get up but was quickly confused at the feeling of weight on her. Remembering the conversation the night before, she looked down to see a sleeping Agent 3 resting on top of her.

She was curled up on top of 8, her knees tucked into her chest and her arms reaching out over the octoling's shoulders, almost like how Judd or Lil' Judd would sleep in the Square. She looked peaceful as she slept, the sunlight from the window tracing the outlines of her face, lips, and eyelashes. A steady puff of warm air hit 8's neck as she exhaled. Her back rose and lowered with each gentle breath she took.

Agent 8 smiled softly, a bright and fuzzy feeling warming her face. She slowly got up, careful not to wake the sleeping Inkling. 3's eyebrows furrowed as she stirred awake, the brightness outside aiding in waking her up.

"8? Is it morning?" Agent 3 mumbled.

Agent 8 looked at 3 and smiled. "Yeah, but it's okay, you can keep sleeping. Don't mind me," she said with a bright grin and a soft voice.

3 looked up at 8 and studied her features. Her skin was a dark shade of tawny brown, the kind you'd see displayed on tiger's eye crystals. The tentacles that were neatly tucked to the sides of her face moved to a rhythm of their own, swaying to the beat. Creases formed along the corners of her almond-shaped eyes when she smiled, making it clear that it was something she did often. 3 couldn't help but smile; to her, Agent 8 was nothing but perfect.

3 caught herself staring and snapped out of it. "Is 4 awake?" She tried changing the subject.

"Doesn't look like it."

Agent 8 turned to look at Agent 4, who was still on the floor. She slept less gracefully than 3; a muffled snore escaped her throat now and then, and she lay in a pose you'd see outlined in chalk on crime shows. Despite that, 8 chuckled at the sight, finding it (platonically) cute.

"Ready to get the day started?" 8 looked back at 3 and was surprised to see she went back to sleep again.

In fear of waking her up, she gently took the inkling off of her lap and placed her on the couch. Once again, the warm and fuzzy feeling returned when she smiled at the agent. To 8, despite Marie's constant teasing, Agent 3 was nothing but perfect.

~•°°°°•~

"How are you feeling? Is your hand okay? Are YOU okay? How's your hand? Oh dear- did I already ask that??"

As Agent 8 greeted Marina in the Square, she was bombarded with questions. She giggled uncomfortably and furrowed her brows, an unsettling smile on her face. Agent 3 could suddenly see why it wasn't the best idea to tell Marina.

"What happened to a simple 'hello'?" Pearl spoke up. "Heya, kid, how are ya?"

She hugged Agent 8. 8 hugged her back tightly, a smile on her face.

"I'm doing better thanks to some rest." 8 tucked a tentacle behind her rounded ear.

"Good to hear! And how are you, 3?" Marina turned to the inkling.

"So-so," 3 moved her hand side to side. "I've been kinda worried about agent stuff, but other than that I've been good." She knew she wasn't telling the whole truth.

"Come on, let's go hang!" Pearl pumped a fist excitedly. "Last time we got kinda, er, sidetracked."

Agent 8 rubbed her shoulder. "Mhm!"