Chapter One.

Micah Swan rushed into the lunch room, his black shoulder bag held tightly in his grip as he made a beeline towards his two best friends, Jessica Stanley and Angela Weber

His heart was pounding and his mind was cloudy. Today, Bella Swan was officially coming home and Micah didn't know how he felt about that.

If he was being honest, he would much rather she didn't come back, but as it where, he didn't have a choice.

He knew he could always stay at the Cullens or with Angela or Jess, but he didn't want to burden anyone with the responsibility of having another teenager or human under their roof.

"Whoa, what happened to you?" Jessica gasped in shock as Micah practically stumbled into his seat, dropping his tray with a loud clang.

Micah winced, "Bellascominghometoday." He rushed out.

"Okay, breath Mi, just breath okay?" Angela said soothingly, rubbing her hand up and down his back.

Closing his eyes, Micah took several slow deep breaths before opening them again.

"Now, let's try that again." Said Jessica as she took a sip of water.

"Bella is coming home today." He repeated much slower.

Angela's eyes bulged out while Jess spat out the water she was just about to swallow, "What do you mean she's coming home!" Jessica shrieked between coughs.

Angela and Jess shared a look. Just after prom, Micah had officially told them the true reason as to why Bella was arrested, and that night the two had made a silent pact that they where going to do everything in their power to stop that from ever happening again.

"Come live with me." Angela suggested, not that it was really a suggestion.

Micah shook his head, "No I can't. I can't do that, you parents already have to look after you and your little brother, I don't want to add to the list."

"Micah." Angela said firmly, grasping his wrist in hers, "It won't be a problem, besides they left for a Business trip two days ago, so it's just me and Arthur. I could see the help anyway."

Micah frowned, "And they left you alone? To look after your brother yourself?" He asked incredulously.

Angela smiled gently, she knew he didn't mean anything horrible with what he said. She knew that he knew she was more than capable of looking after herself and her brother, he just didn't like it because that's the parents job.

Angela shrugged, "It's fine, and I have Jess coming over tomorrow and she's gonna stay for a few weeks too, so it could be like a never ending slumber party or something."

Micah turned towards Jess, "How come your staying with Angy?" He asked softly.

Jessica rolled her eyes, "My grandmother is coming to stay. Rotten old hag." She grumbled.

Micah smiled sympathetically, his grandparents had died on both sides of the family, but from what he was told about them, they seamed like lovely people.

The two girls sat in front of him both gave him pleading looks, "Look at it this way, you'll still be going to school, you can still see your dad whenever you want but you just don't have to put up with the clusterfuck of a sister."

Micah bit his lip, it would be away to avoid any abuse she my try and to escape the name calling, plus he would get to spend more time with his friends.

He didn't get to do a lot of that over the summer because the Cullens had treated him to a vacation to see their cousins, the Denali's.

"Alright." He mumbled softly. The two teens cheered, pulling the stiff teen in for a warm comforting hug.

—-
A/N

Sorry it's a short one, I just wanted to get an update out, more updates coming soon!