Chapter Sixteen

Micah sat on the living room sofa, his arms folded over his chest and a pout on his lips

Micah sat on the living room sofa, his arms folded over his chest and a pout on his lips. It had been two weeks since he had spoken to any of the Cullens.

But today he wouldn't have a choice. Today was the day he was supposed to go to the hospital for a check up and he just knew he would end up seeing Carlisle.

Carlisle was the one he didn't want to talk to the most, bar Edward. Because Carlisle was the one that approved the idea of leaving without telling him what was going on.

He was the one the deemed it safer to leave, and effectively leave him unprotected that to take him with them and keep him safe.

"No." Micah growled, "I don't want to go." Micah pushed himself closer into the chair.

Eric sighed, Angela and Jessica had taken Arthur shopping for his teachers leaving present, so it left just Eric and Micah in the house.

In those two weeks Angela and Eric had gotten extremely close and Eric was near about ready to tell the girl what he really was.

"Micah, I know you don't want to go, but your health is important. This is important." He scolded.

Micah started sulking, much like a child would after being told off by their mum, "But-" he weakly protested.

"No buts." Eric cut him off, "You will go to the hospital for you check up, or so help me I will throw you over my shoulder and take you there myself."

"Fine!" Micah pushed himself up from the sofa, stumbling slightly when all the blood rushed to his head, "Whoa."

Shaking his head to rid himself from the black spots that plagued his view, Micah walked out of the room, followed by Eric who was going with him regardless.

Grabbing his keys, Eric held the car door open for the grumpy teen and smirked when he all but slouched in his seat.

"Stop acting like a child." Eric chided softly once he took his own seat, "This is important."

Micah rolled his eyes, "I know." He whispered, "Doesn't mean I have to like it though."

Eric patted his knee sympathetically. "How's things with you and Angela?" Micah asked, changing the subject.

Suddenly Eric got a dreamy smile upon his face, "Things are going great!" He said enthusiastically, "I think I might tell her soon."

Micah raised his brow, telling Angela was a big step in their future relationship. He hopped that she took it well, because her and Eric where amazing together.

He also hopped she wouldn't get angry at him for knowing said secret for over a year. But then again, knowing Angey, she'd understand because it wasn't his secret to tell.

Micah sighed as they pulled up to the familiar building that was 'Forks General Hospital'. He couldn't even begin to tell you the amount of times he had been to this place.

"Come on." Said Eric as he stepped out of the car. With much reluctance, Micah followed. Walking behind Eric, the two walked into the hospital and up to the receptionist's desk.

"Hello, we're here for an appointment?" Said Eric using his charming voice.

The receptionist nodded, "Name?"

"Micah Swan."

"Right, follow this hallway, take your third left. Get into the lift at the end of the hall and go to floor 3 and there if you just walk down to the Cardiology room, they'll be some seats for you to sit in while you wait."

Nodding their heads, the pair followed the lady's instructions and soon found themselves sitting in a white and red room with those horrible plastic red seats.

"Nervous?" Eric asked. Micah took a deep breath but shook his head, "I already know what they're going to say, so I'm not nervous or that. I'm nervous because I don't want to run into Carlisle."

Eric sighed, wrapping his arm around the teen he started to see as a brother. "Well, say the word and I'll rip his pretty little head off."

Micah chuckled, "No. it's fine. I might be angry at them, but he's still my Mate. Don't hurt him, please."

Eric sighed but nodded his head none the less. Micah was his friend, he would never actually hurt the Cullens because he knew it would hurt him.

"Micah?"

Micah looked down after hearing the voice belonging to the one person he didn't want to see. "Carlisle." He said softly.

"Micah? Why are you here?" Carlisle asked softly, looking at his Mate in concern. "Well." Micah swallowed, "After you left, I started getting problems with my heart. I nearly died Carlisle. Until a few weeks ago, I had to be very careful not to overdo it because I would die. I'm here for a check up."

Looking up, Micah had to ground himself by gripping the chair. He might have been angry at them but the look on Carlisle's face made him want to go over there and wrap him in a hug.

"I-I can do it." He suggested weakly. None of his children had told him the extent of what had happened to their Mate. But now he knew, and he hated himself for it. Why had he listened to his son? He's the leader not him!

Micah hesitated, his lip clamped between his teeth, "Okay." He said softly. Standing up from the horrid plastic chair, Micah followed Carlisle into one of the cardiology rooms.

Sitting on the bed, Micah watch as Carlisle shut and locked the doors, but not once did he turn around. "I'm sorry." He whispered, a small tilt of his head.

"I know." Micah replied matching his tone, "But that doesn't make it better." Carlisle let out a small pains whimper, shuffling closer to his Mate.

Unlike the others, Carlisle hadn't spent half as much time with him as they had, and right now all he wanted was to bury his head in his neck and be wrapped up in his arms.

"Why did you do it?" Micah asked, watching Carlisle with cautious eyes, "Why did you let Edward take control and leave?"

Carlisle whimpered, "I don't know." He said, his voice cracking, "The Note. I got so scared I wouldn't be able to protect you, and when he said we should leave, I was against it at first but then he kept going on about how it would be safer for you and the only way to protect you would be if we left."

By now if he could cry, Carlisle would be a blubbery mess. Micah sighed, "Like I said to the others, I accept your apology but I don't forgive you. You really hurt me, do you understand that?"

Carlisle nodded mutely, his head lowered towards the ground not wanting to see the disappointment and distrust in Micah's face.

But Micah wasn't having that. For some reason, unknown to him, Micah found himself cupping Carlisle's face, "It will take time. If you really want my forgiveness you have to earn it. Show me that this is for real and that your not just going to disappear again at a moment's notice."

Carlisle nodded his head frantically, "I'll do anything. Anything you want, say it and it's done."

"I want you to prove you want my forgiveness, I want you to earn it."