Chapter Twenty-Two

Charlie had been at the police station, sitting at his desk when his screaming daughter was dragging into the building

Charlie had been at the police station, sitting at his desk when his screaming daughter was dragging into the building. Frowning, he pushed himself up and walked out of his little office.

Suddenly he froze, her entire front half was covered in blood, "What did you do?" He gasped in shock. "What happened!" He demanded.

All the officers shared a look, "Chief, I think it's best you get to the hospital."

Charlie shook his head, "Bella, who's blood is that?" He asked, his voice cracking. He had a suspicion he knew who's it was and he hoped he was wrong.

Bella started laughing like a maniac, "Poor poor Micah!" She screamed, "Why does every care about Micah! What about me! I did everyone a favour and this is how you repay me! Let me go!"

Charlie felt his heart drop. In a manner that was very unlike him, Charlie bolted from the police station and jumped into his car before peeling out of the car park and driving well over the speed limit.

Parking hazardously, Charlie abandoned his car and ran into the hospital. "Micah Swan, where is he!" He all but yelled at the nurse.

"Mr Swan?" Angela croaked, tears streaming down her face. The chief look at her and instantly started shaking his head at her distraught look.

"No," he whimpered, "No, he's not," Charlie shook his head, his eyes pleading as the girl walked forward, "My son is not dead,"

"I'm so sorry," Angela sobbed into the older mans shoulder, "He's gone. Micah's gone."

Charlie fell to his knees, tears streaming down his face while a pained scream rippled from his lips. "My Son!" He cried, "Not my boy!"

Angela cling onto the man who was crying his heart out. She herself was crying, she felt like her heart was breaking into a million tiny pieces. She couldn't imagine what the Cullens where feeing.

On their date the other night, Erik had sat her down and told her everything. She had wanted to talk to Micah about it but she never had the chance. And now he was gone forever.

Erik had snuck into the teens room when no one was looking and planned on changing the teen. If it wasn't too late. He'd come to see Micah as his family, and was filled with a sense of grief and guilt that he didn't save him.

Paul had gone back to the pack house to wash off all the blood. He honestly looked like he was the one murdered with the amount he had covering him.

No one said a word as he walked past, all of them still in shock from the phone call they had just received. Jake and Jess felt the worst. Jake because he had told Bella that Micah was at the pack house and Jess because the last time she spoke to him, she had shouted at him.

The Cullens where all hunting in Alaska when Jasper had stopped dead in his tracks. He instantly knew something bad had happened and had ran back to Forks. Everyone else soon followed after him.

They had only gotten so far when not only did Alice get a vision of Micah dead on a slab, but Jasper fell to the floor in agonising pain. The others felt there undead hearts break and where filled with pain too, but nothing compared to Jaspers. For Jasper was the only one to solidify the bond which meant he felt the very moment Micah sucked in his last breath.

All throughout the snow covered trees, three girls let out whimpers and soft sobs at their friends demise while four boys screamed and screamed and screamed.