Chapter Twenty

Sitting on one of the uncomfortable wooden chairs, Micah fiddled around nervously with his fingers

Sitting on one of the uncomfortable wooden chairs, Micah fiddled around nervously with his fingers. To say a riot happened within the house would be an understatement. And surprisingly Sam was the one who started it.

When he had figured out that his ex had imprinted on Micah's best friend, he lost it. Micah reckoned it was because deep down, he still loved her. Even if he left her on their wedding day for her cousin.

Micah had actually met Leah on three separate occasions, and each time he had bumped in to her, they had always struck up a conversation. Micah found he rather liked Leah and was silently glad it was her that imprinted on his friend, rather than Paul, Jake or Quil.

Jake because he'd only recently started talking to the boy again, and while Jake had apologised countless times, he didn't believe him when he said he was over Bella. Six years of infatuation doesn't disappear with a click of ones fingers.

Quil because he was quite reserved and very quiet. He didn't think the boy would be able to keep up with Jessica and her eccentric ways. Sometimes Jess could be a lot to handle and he didn't want the boy to be forced to do something he might not want to do.

And Paul? Well that one was simple. Paul was a Man-Whore. If it wasn't for his Wolfe genes, then who knows how many STI's that boy had. Yes, Paul was his friend, but in his opinion, Paul and Jess would not have worked. Especially with them both having short tempers.

No, Micah was glad it was Leah. The girl needed someone she could trust, someone that wouldn't abandon her on one of the most important days of her life. And Jess? Jess needed someone to be there, someone to hold her when her dad was a prick, someone to help boost her confidence in her singing career. Someone to love and cherish her very existence. They both did.

"Man," Paul groaned, "Why does Leah get her. It's not fair." Placing his head in his hands, the male looked at his friend, "Do you have anyone else you can set me up with?"

Micah raised his brow, "I didn't bring Jess here so you could have sex, Paul," he mumbled, shaking his head. "I brought her because she wanted to meet you guys. And to answer your question, no I do not. Angela is taken."

Paul pouted, "Aw man," he mumbled dejectedly, "Why is everyone always taken?" He asked no one in particular, now glaring at the table.

Micah reached over and patted his arm sympathetically, "You'll find them soon enough." He said with an encouraging smile, "Just because everyone else is finding their imprints, doesn't mean you don't have one. Have you ever thought that maybe she doesn't live on the reservation or in Forks?"

Paul shrugged, "Yeah, that thought has crossed my mind," he sighed, "But I think that's just because I want to leave this stupid place. I love my brothers, don't get me wrong, but this place doesn't feel like home to me."

Micah frowned. He looked around the empty room before looking back to his friend, "Then why haven't you asked if you can go travelling?" He asked.

Paul shook his head, "Sam would never let me."

Micah scoffed, "Fuck him. He's my friend, I get that but if your not happy and he forces you to stay, then I'm done. You should never force someone to do something they don't want to do. And legally, he has no jurisdiction to keep you here."

Paul opened his mouth to say something when Jessica suddenly stomped into the house. When her eyes zeroed in on Micah, she marched over with a pissed off look on her face.

Much to the two boys surprise, Jess started to repeatedly slap Micah's arm, "Why didn't you tell me the Cullens where blood suckers! I went to school with them! You went around their house! Are you crazy!"

"Ow!" Micah yelled, "Jess stop hitting me!" Huffing, Jess listened and crossed her arms over her chest, glaring at her friend.

Sighing, Micah stood from his seat, "I never told you because it was never my secret to tell. Yes, they are vampires but they don't hunt people, the eat animals. Okay?"

"No it is not okay!" Jess shook her head, "You where in a relationship with one, did you know what they where before you got with Edward?"

Micah nodded his head, lowering his gaze towards the ground, "He told me the night before we got together officially." He mumbled

Jess shook her head in disbelief, "And you still got with him? Even after knowing he could kill you in a second? Where they the ones behind all those murders?"

"No! That was nomads. Vampires that don't have a home, that go around killing people because there instincts tell them too! The Cullens are not like that, they have never hurt me, they wouldn't hurt me! Not like that. They hunt animals okay? They don't hurt anyone and when they don't match their age, they leave."

"How can you be so sure that they aren't lying to you? Hmm? I mean, Edward left you in the middle of the woods, he faked your entire relationship, lied to you. How do we know that they aren't doing it again?"

"Because I love them!" Micah yelled, unshed tears pooled in his eyes, "Yes them! Plural! Edward, Jasper, Emmett and Carlisle are my mates just like Leah is your imprint! And they might have left me in the woods in pain and agony, I might have been crippled by them but I still love them! And if they have told me they don't hunt humans then I believe them!"

Jessica scoffed, looking at anything and everything but Micah, "What about Erik? Is he one too?" She practically growled.

"Yeah, he is," Micah said, standing his ground, "And you will not say a word to Angy because that is his responsibility. She is his mate, and if you think for a second that he would hurt her then your wrong. Unlike with imprints, Mates can't physically hurt mates." Shaking his head, Micah started to walk towards the door, "I'm not doing this. Come talk to me when your views aren't clouded by a wolfs opinions."

Walking out the door, Micah slammed it shut behind himself before getting in his car and driving off down the street.

Paul stood up from his chair, glaring at the brunette who had the decency to look guilty, "That was completely uncalled for," he said with a venomous snarl, "I might not like vampires, but those Cullens have never and would never hurt Micah the way your describing. And throwing that in his face was a low fucking blow. Low. Fucking. Blow."