Chapter Eight.

Paul Lahote plopped himself down next to his friend, Micah Swan

Paul Lahote plopped himself down next to his friend, Micah Swan. The pair had been walking and talking, when Micah needed a moments rest.

"Look, all I'm saying is that maybe it's time to start putting yourself out there, ya know." Said Paul for what felt like the hundredth time, "It's been what, two, to, three months."

Micah sighed, all afternoon Paul had been making subtle hints about his re-start to dating, but Micah wasn't sure he was ready.

Because no matter how much he hated the Cullens for breaking his heart, he still loved them.

"Paul." Micah sighed. He went to continue but was cut off by Paul, "No, Micah. You can't let them ruin you. Tonight, you and me are going to go to this new club in Seattle, we'll get a hotel so we don't drive back drunk."

Micah thumped his cain on the floor, "And what about this and my heart?" He asked sarcastically, "Can't exactly go partying when too much strain will kill me."

"Well, your Doctor did say it was getting better, and we'll be careful." Paul pulled out his phone, "Look, I even have the hospital on speed dial."

"What about Dad, what did he have to say?" Micah asked, grasping at straws, trying to find a any reason to stay home.

"Charlie said it's alright, so long as your careful and don't drink to much."

Curse you dad, Micah thought. He didn't want to go out and party. He just wasn't in the mood. But then again, he was never in the mood to do anything anymore.

Micah opened his mouth in hopes that some brilliant excuse would come tumbling out, but nothing happened.

No, instead he was cut off by Sam running over to the pair with a solemn look on his usually stern face.

"Micah, can I talk to you for a sec?" Sam asked hesitantly.

Micah cast a worried glance at Paul, who looked like he was sharing his worry. "Do I have to get up?" He asked.

Sam shook his head, "No. In face, it's probably better for you that your sitting."

"Sam, what's going on, your starting to worry me," said Micah as he watched his friend who seemed to be having a battle with himself.

"I thought you should be the first to know. I just got off the phone with Billy. Micah," Sam hesitated, "The Cullens are back."

Micah froze, his heart felt like it was going to explode, his breaths coming out in short panicked bursts, "What?" He gasped.

"No. No!" Micah yelled, fighting to get out of Paul's grip, who had wrapped himself around the panicking team in attempts to calm him down.

"No, they don't get to do this!" He cried, "They don't get to leave and then come back like nothing ever happened!"

"We won't let them near you, Micah. I promise." Sam vowed, pulling the distressed teen into a warm embrace, lBut you have to calm down or your going to have a heart attack."

"Why? Why did they come back?" Micah sobbed, "Did they want to see the damage they've done, so they can prance around laughing at the broken boy who shattered?"

"Micah, please calm down!" Sam begged, but it fell of deaf ears for the only thing Micah could hear was the erratic beat of his own heart.

"I bet there laughingly up as we speak! Poor stupid Micah, Falling for the dangerous vampires. Believing them when they told him he was special. I hate them! I hate them!! I HATE TH-"

Sam jumped back as Micah's eyes exploded into a bright vibrant blue, a blue that soon encased his body in a bubble, putting him to sleep.

The blue bubble around Micah, slowly lowered the teen onto the sand while everyone watched with there jaws hanging slack.

Once Micah hit the ground, the blue bubble slowly dissolved into his veins, lighting them up as it then disappeared under the skin.

"What the fuck was that!?" Paul screeched earning a slap on the back of the head from Sam.

In Seattle, a family of Vampires hopped off the plain that had just returned them from Volterra Italy.

In the group was an empath. The same empath that had bonded with his Mate. So not long after Carlisle had gotten off the phone with Billy, the exact same Empath fell to the floor as an unbearable amount of pain struck him in the chest.

Jasper cried out in pain, falling to his knees as wave after wave of his Mates emotions hit. One and the other.

"Jasper! Yelled Emmett, as he sped over to his brother, the other soon followed after. "Jasper, what's wrongs man?"

"Micah!" Jasper gasped.

"What's wrong with Micah!" The male Cullens all asked in a frenzy.

"He's in so much pain!"

"What?" Edward whimpered. Jasper felt his eyes darken as he looked up at his brother. "It's your fault!" He snarled.

"How is it my fault!" Yelled Edward, "Do you think I want my Mate in pain!"

"Some Mate you are!" Jasper snarled, "You made us all leave! Even after you knew it would be harder for me! Even after you knew I bonded with him! And now he's in so much pain!"

"Well, your not exactly a good Mate either are you!" Edward yelled back, his own yellow eyes darkening, "You left too!"

"Because you gave me no choice. Gave us no choice! We share a Mate Edward! He's not just yours! You don't get to make all the decisions! You always do this, you say we have to do something and Carlisle always agrees, leaving us no choice but to follow and look what your choices have done!"

"Now, Jasper, that's not fair. We left to keep him safe." Said Carlisle.

"And in doing so, we have put him in even more danger. You heard what Aro said! We are lucky he's even still alive! And for what, so he can spend the rest of his life in pain!"

"No, because we will get him back. He loves us and we love him." Said Edward.

"You really think it will be that easy?" Asked Emmett, "You really are stupid brother. Micah is never going to forgive us. Now, I am going to go because if I stay here, I'm going to rip your head off." Without so much as a glance, Emmett sped off to go take his anger out on a few trees and maybe even a mountain.

Jasper snarled at his family before he too sped off. Except, he went to find his Mate. He had to see for himself that Micah was alive. Even if Micah hated him, he was going to do everything in his power to make sure he stays alive and safe.

—-
A/N

I just want to say, sorry for the late update. As I have mentioned before I got a new job, and the timetable is hectic. I haven't really had a moments rest and when I do get to have a day off, I'm absolutely nackered, and I just forgot.

I hope you enjoy this chapter and hopefully when I next get some time off, I'll update again, but like I said, my time table is different every week and I never know when I'm coming in until the end of each week xxx