the meet up

You were in D.C. waiting for Nat to pick you up from a local coffee shop.

You were sipping on your coffee. You like it with two creams and three sugars. The coffee stung the back of your throat. You kept on checking your phone constantly, waiting impatiently for that text message from Nat.

I'm here

You shot up from your table, leaving your half empty coffee. You put your jacket on and nodded to a sweet, old couple who were enjoying the day.

This was your first mission without your father, Tony Stark. You were taking a break from the Stark Industries to help other Avengers in need.

You spot Nat in her car, watching anxiously as you rush to the passenger seat.

"Hey." You greet Nat. You close the car door and she just stares at you for a moment.

"Ugh, my baby is growing up." She squeezed your cheek fat. You grimaced while she was using her baby voice.

"Okay, okay. Nat. I missed you too." You laughed, smiling at her. "So, Steve called you too, huh? Must be pretty serious."

"Yeah, it must be if he calls the two strongest women he's ever met." She winked in a jokingly way.

You scoffed, "Got that right."

The drive was only twenty minutes from where you were to the Capital. You knew because you counted it on the way there on your watch. Nat noticed but she didn't say anything. She thought it was cute.

Natasha pulls up in her car by the curb and rolls down the window where you see a man and Steve chatting by a tree.

"Hey, fellas. Either one of you know where the Smithsonian is? We're here to pick up a fossil." Nat joked.

Steve turns and looks at both you and Nat, relieved.

"That's hilarious." Steve scoffed of laughter.

Steve walks over to the car and gets in from the back.

Sam gives Natasha, you and her car an appreciative look.

"How you doing?" The man greets in a polite manner.

"Hey." You nod, trying not to laugh at the man because of his facial expression.

"Can't run everywhere." Steve from the back seat joked.

"No, you can't." The man shakes his head and smiled with his bright white teeth.

He watches as Natasha quickly pulls away and drives off.

"So, where are we headed?" You turned your head to Steve.

"You'll see." Steve answered uninterested, "Hello, by the way." Steve poked his head between you and Nat.

"Hi. Where are we going?" You questioned again.

"It's really gonna kill her, Steve." Nat turned to you, smirking.

"Good." Steve simply answered in a jokingly manner.

"Some part of me regrets picking up that phone, Rodgers." You shot in an annoyed tone. Nat smiled nonchalantly at you.

"S.H.I.E.LD."