set up

The first plan was heading to the mall to get a computer and find find out what is on the flash drive. You three were posed as civilians.

"And why did you have to dress me like a nerd?" You rolled your eyes in annoyance.

"Because you are." Steve shot with no hesitation.

"First rule of going on the run is, don't run, walk." Nat pulled you closer to her side.

"If I run in these shoes, they're gonna fall off." You glanced down at Steve's shoes and snicker. "Shut up, Stark." Steve shot sarcastically.

You head into the Mac store to use one of the computers.

"The drive has a Level Six homing program, so as soon as we boot up SHIELD will know exactly where we are." Nat studied her surroundings and so did you.

"How much time do we have?" You questioned.

"Uh...about nine minutes from..." Nat pops the flash drive into a MacBook Pro, "Now. Fury was right about that ship, somebody's trying to hide something. This drive is protected by some sort of AI, it keeps rewriting itself to counter my commands."

"Can you override it?" Steve asked, head scanning the store.

"The person who developed this is slightly smarter than me." Nat shrugged.

"Slightly." You scoffed jokingly.

Nat scrunched her nose at you and laughed.

"I'm gonna try running a tracer. This is a program that SHIELD developed to track hostile malware, so if we can't read the file, maybe we can find out where it came from." Nat kept on trying to find out what was on the drive.

Suddenly, an Apple worker came up to you. "Can I help you guys with anything?"

"Oh, no. This couple was just looking up some honeymoon destinations." You squeezed Steve and Nat together and smiled.

"Right! We're getting married." Steve said uncomfortably.

"Congratulations. Where do you guys thinking about going?" The Apple employee asked excitedly.

You look at the monitor and see the signal is traced to somewhere in New Jersey.

"New Jersey." You smile to the employee.

"Oh." The employee looks at you for a moment, "I have the exact same glasses."

"Really?" You tilted your head and scanned him.

"Yeah, uh if you guys need anything, I've been Aaron." He lifts his name tag and turns to leave.

Nat and Steve swiftly turn to you. You felt the judgement.

"What?" You shrugged.

"She might be a nerd, but she's the smart one. Not the one you just wanna punch, you know?" Nat turned to Steve and they both nodded in agreement.

"You said nine minutes, come on." You tugged on Nat's sleeve.

"Shh, relax." Nat turns back to the Mac and presses a couple of buttons. "Got it."

You find the signal is coming from Wheaton, New Jersey. You notice Steve studying it.

"You know it?" You question.

"I used to. Let's go."

Steve pulls the flash drive from the computer and you speed walk out of the store.

"Standard tac-team. Two behind, to across, two coming straight at us. If they make us, I'll engage, you hit the south escalator to the metro." Steve studied.