flash drive

You head back to the hospital because Steve needed to retrieve the flash drive from the vending machine.

"A vending machine? What if someone got it?" You curiously asked Steve.

"No one is going to-" But Steve sees it's gone. You hear from behind Natasha appearing behind you chewing some gum.

"Where it is?" Steve asked, glaring at her.

"Safe." She simply answered, not fazed.

In anger, Steve pushes her into a room.

"Do better!" Steve yelled.

You rolled your eyes and angrily pushed them into a room.

"Stop it. Now." You grind your teeth in anger and annoyed. "Fighting each other won't bring justice to Fury."

Nat and Steve's eyes almost pop out of their sockets.

"Where did you get it?" You asked Steve in a calming tone.

"Why would I tell you?" Steve spat.

"Wow." You scoffed.

"Fury gave it to him. Why?" Nat turned to Steve, questioning.

"What's on it?" Steve asked Nat and you like you both knew.

"I don't know." You shrugged.

"Stop lying." Steve shot to you.

"I'm not lying, Rogers. I only act like I know everything."

"I bet you knew Fury hired the pirates, didn't you?" Steve was playing the blame game with both you and Nat.

"Well, it makes sense. The ship was dirty, Fury needed a way in, so do you." Nat answered.

"I'm not gonna ask you again." Steve warned you two.

"I know who killed Fury. Most of the intelligence community doesn't believe he exists, the ones who do call him the Winter Soldier. He's credited with over two dozen assassinations in the last fifty years." Nat informed you and Steve.

"So he's a ghost story." You shrugged.

"Five years ago I was escorting a nuclear engineer out of Iran, somebody shot out my tires near Odessa. We lost control, went straight over a cliff, I pulled us out, but the Winter Soldier was there. I was covering my engineer, so he shot him straight through me." Nat pulls up her shirt to show you the scar on the side of her stomach. "Soviet slug, no rifling."

"Going after him is a dead end. I know, I've tried." Natasha holds up the flash drive, "Like you said, he's a ghost story."

You take the flash drive from her. "Well, let's find out what the ghost wants."