(1) I Owe You

*Authors note: I wrote this when I was a teenager and I would say I'm not super proud of it. If you don't like the book you are more than welcome to exit the book. Don't waste your time commenting hate because it literally rolls down my back.*

Jane's Dress^

After my parents dropped me off at my dorm room, 6 months ago, they wished me luck in med School and left. My parents never really paid any attention to me, but they did expect me to become a doctor. They wanted me to do great things like they did in the medical field. I literally hate science and math, but for medical school it was required. My parents sent me to medical camp after medical camp, I could literally perform a surgery right now if I wanted. A little part of me wanted to become a doctor but then another part of me wanted to become a writer.

I loved writing that's a huge plus especially when you have to write 4 papers by the end of the semester. I could write about anything but what i really wanted to be a screenwriter.

I sighed at my scenario in my head and laid back on my bed. I heard my dorm room door open and in came my roommate, Nora, she doesn't talk at all she just nods, glares, and smiles. "Hey Nora" i said and she just waved. She walked over to me and handed me a flyer.

"A party?" she nodded and wrote on her giant erase board. "yes please i've never been to one" she wrote. "and what makes you think i wanna go...I've never been to a campus party either" I told her. It's true i've never been to a campus party, mostly because Law & order: SVU has ruined the thought of ever going but also because why what's the point.

She wrote, "Please!" I all caps. "Oh wow in all caps you must really be serious" i teased her. She glared and i laughed, "Okay but just for you..."

👠

Nora and I didn't have a dress so we had to ask one of the girls on our floor, Shelby, she was a little ditzy and uneven. We thanked her and left, to get ready.

Nora was pretty, she had long brown hair and a great tan complexion. My mom lied when she said achne would stop when I got out of high school.

My parents being different races: mother, Puerto Rican and Father African-American. My father's genes being stronger, leaving my melanin tad bit browner. It was hard to convince people I was of Hispanic heritage, even though Hispanics come in different shades.

I have medium length black hair and brown eyes. I hate my metabolism, it's to damn fast. I've had to convince my high school counselor for all four years that I wasn't anorexic.

When I tried on my dress I looked kind of hot, thank you Victoria secret for making the ultimate push up bra.

Nora is wizard when it comes to make-up. She gave me a nice natural smokey eye. When I was done with my whole outfit I looked really good in the red dress. Better then I thought I would. I looked at Nora and holy hot damn she looked hot. I might be a little gay for my Asian mute roommate/best friend.

I gave her a once over and gave her a double thumbs up; which she returned.

She grabbed her purse and small dry erase board and marker. I looked at her as if she was crazy. "Nora, you can't bring that to a party." I told her.

She shrugged and handed me my purse. I sighed and proceeded to walk out. When we made it to the party, the music was loud and obnoxious.

Tom ford was playing and people were grinding on each other like wild animals. I looked at Nora with regret, while she didn't seem to mind. I shook my heads and went to go get something to drink. Nora went for the vodka while I stuck with beer.

"Hey there" I heard a guy's voice say. I looked to see a African-American guy with brown eyes. "Hi" I piped. Nora smiled and walked away.

"I've never seen you here" he said loudly try to over power the music. I nodded, "yeah this is my first time at one of these parties". He nodded, "What's your name? Mines James" he said taking a swig at his beer. "Jane, Jane Rogers" I smiled. "Awesome name!" He said stalking a girl with curves for days, which he also winked at. I looked around for Nora, "Hey um It was nice meeting James but I'm gonna go ahead go find my friend" I said tapping his shoulder.