(7) Just the beginning

After my sob fest, Silas dressed me promising me he wouldn't try anything, which he didn't. He laid me on my bed and pulled the covers over me, giving me a light peck on the lips.

"I'll bring dinner up" he smiled lightly.

After a few minutes he brought me tortilla soup. "Hey no Italian?" I asked.

"Uh no not this time maybe tomorrow" he laughed awkwardly. "well I'll leave you to it..see you in the morning"

"Didn't you want to watch tv with me?" I asked him weakly. He winced a little and nodded.

I patted to the spot next to me on the bed. He took his shirt off, and I must say what a beautiful sight to see. "Mind if I get under the covers" he stared.

"No definitely don't mind" I smiled. "Bella" he smiled and scurried under the covers.

He turned on the tv and put on the real housewives of Atlanta.

"Can I hold you?" He asked me his voice cracking slightly. I laughed and nodded.

He pulled me to him, me between his legs and back to his chest.

I eventually dozed off, still in his arms.

:;:;:;:;

"Janey wake up" Silas woke me.

I groaned and stretched. "I have a surprise for you..Look at the edge of your bed" he said and jogged out the room.

I got up and saw athletic shorts and a work out tank top along with sports bra.

I put my hair in a high bun and put on on the clothes. I saw some very nice Nikes by the door and slipped them on.

I looked at myself in the mirror and damn did I look good. My ass looked good, hella good.

I went downstairs and saw Silas filling water bottles up. "We working out?" I asked. He nodded, "Well more like training...I want you to be able to protect yourself" he said. I nodded slowly. He was right I needed to buck up and protect myself. I just didn't want to kill people in the process.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me into a hug. "I know you don't want to hurt people, but if you don't they will..and I don't want to see you hurt or worse...dead. I like you Jane and I care about you..so deeply" he said staring at with such a rare and raw emotion.

"Okay gentle giant, lets train" I smiled.

We headed to a room well gym I guess. It was huge, it had a small gun range. Their were weapons and mays everywhere.

"Wow" I said astonished.

"Well slow down now you won't be touching any of that stuff until you know your basics" he said.

I kept looking around and I felt a kick to the back of my knee. I stumbled to the ground, "Silas" I yelled.

He grabbed my hair and pulled it up to face him and pulled his hand back. He was going to punch me. "no please" I pleaded and closed my eyes waiting for impact. I felt a gust of wind then a small tap on my nose.

"Janey never take your eyes off of your opponent" he started. "I could of knocked you out cold"

"Yeah I know" I mumbled. "Okay punch me" he said. I punched in in his stomach, hard as steel I tell you.

"What the-" I beamed with amazement and lifted his shirt he laughed and shooed my hand away.

"Punch me as hard as you can, no mercy" he said serious. So I did or at least I thought I did.

After 3 hours of the same routine: different type of punches, kicks, and combinations.

I was weak. He kept trying to teach me to punch with a meaning. I thought I try one of the moves he fought me and kicked him in the back of his knee. He buckled to the ground and I got on to his back. I wrapped my elbow around his neck as if I were to strangle him. He stood up and fell back with me on him. He didn't do it super hard but it hurt a little.