Lost And Rescued

The rain poured heavily down roof of the homes of the trucks living in Affluen-City. The streets were full of huge slippery, splashy puddles whilst empty of any monster machines.

All except for one.

A young dark blue monster machine shuddered as he was lost in the rain. He drove through the empty streets, glancing around for a place to stay, or at least stop by while there was still rain. Soon, the rain grew stronger, turning into a storm as the chilly blew against the child, causing him to shiver before speeding up, his will to survive and stay safe from the rain heightening as he turned down the street.

Suddenly, there a flash of lightning, followed by a clap of thunder. The poor child yelped before slipping down the puddles, causing him to stumble and slide onto the rough road below him. He whimpered in the pain as he slowly and shakily hugged himself, trying to warm himself up. He closed his eyes and began to cry, feeling his whole body aching as he felt the rain pouring down hard on him.

He didn't move. He couldn't move. Everything felt so heavy and so strong that he was knocked down.

Knocked down and left in the harsh, cold rain. Left in the mercy of whatever life throws down at him.

Or if life had any mercy on him.

The storm grew stronger, the wind picking up speed and strength as more lightning came, each with a clap of thunder. The young dark blue truck quivered in fear and in the cold as he felt his eyes beginning to feel droopy.

He knew better than to sleep when he was literally in the middle of a storm, but he couldn't help it. He couldn't take it any longer. He hasn't slept for days, and his tiredness was crawling up to him, ready to take him into slumber.

As he felt himself slip away into the darkness, a flash of light came from beside him, and the last thing he saw was a tall shadow driving towards him before he blacked out.

X

Warmth and comfort were the first to greet him as he felt himself gain consciousness once more. He groaned and slowly opened his eyes to find his surroundings different from earlier.

Instead of the greyness of the city's night, he was in a room of maroon. Instead of the harsh coldness of the wind, he felt the warmth of flames from a lit-up fireplace nearby. Instead of the hard cement, he was now laying down on something soft and comfy. Instead of the cold rain water trickling down his back, something warm was around his back and wrapped his shivering body.

And instead of the sound of the pouring rain, he heard voices in his surroundings.

"... and when the storm clears, let's take him to the police to find his way home---"

"Oh, poor child! I wonder how he ended up alone and empty in the first place,"

"I wish I knew that too..."

The young dark blue truck used all of the strength he gained to slowly get up, the blanket sliding down a bit as he turned around to get a glimpse of the owners of the house he was in. A monster machine couple were talking behind him, the woman a silver white with fiery red and yellow hair and ocean blue eyes while the man was an amber yellow with golden brown eyes.

"I can't believe anyone would leave their child unattended," the woman shook her head. "It's just not something a parent would do,"

"Not all parents are the same, Phoenix," the man said, gently cupping his wife's cheek with his tire.

"That doesn't mean that it gives them the right to just... leave their child in the middle of a storm!" Phoenix cried out with a frown. "That's just not right, Flame!"