Growing Up Together

"So... this a public school?" Crusher asked as he and Blaze stood in front of the school.

"Mm-hmm!" Blaze nodded. "Can't wait for First Grade!"

He was about to drive in when he noticed that his brother staying at his spot. He turned to him with a frown.

"Crusher?"

"I..." Crusher shifted in his spot, glancing down nervously. "What if other kids no like me...?"

"Nah, they gonna like you! You fun!" Blaze took his brother by the tire. "And don't worry! I'll be right here when you need me! Promise!"

Crusher smiled and nodded before they both drove into the school.

X

Soon, it was recess, and the kids were all released to the playground. Crusher and Blaze zoomed out of the classroom and headed for the sandbox to play toy trucks when they noticed a small green truck already there.

"Oh, hello!" he greeted, all cheery and bubbly in a small, cute voice. "I'm Pickle! What your names?"

"I'm Blaze!" Blaze answered with a smile. "This my big brother Crusher!"

"H-Hi," Crusher greeted with a smile.

"Nice to meet you!" Pickle giggled. "Wanna play toy trucks with me?!"

"Sure!" The two drove over to play, and a friendship was born.

X

Years went by. Crusher was now 9, Blaze was 8 and Pickle 7. The brothers were in Fifth Grade while Pickle was in the Fourth.

Blaze had gotten many friends, all as out-going as he was. Pickle had too, but his were all as enthusiastic and bubbly as he was. Crusher had gotten some friends with the same interest as he had, which were reading books, writing stories, and making things out of scraps.

But at the end of the day, the three would always hang out and stick together, no matter what. Every lunch and recess time, the three of them would hang out and eat together before heading back to class.

But of course, every story has it's problems.

"Hey, nerd boy!"

Crusher flinched as he turned to see one of Blaze's friends Auburn, a dark orange truck that was bigger than he was, nearing him along with two of his brother's other friends; a lavender truck named Paula, and an icy blue truck named Kiko. The dark blue truck gulped and held his notebook close to him as he backed up towards his locker.

"H-Hi, Auburn," he spoke, trying to find a way to get to class without getting into trouble. "I'm just gonna go, now---"

"Oh, look at this, guys," Paula chuckled and grabbed the notebook from his tires. "Book nerd over here's writing stories of himself again! Ha! Isn't that pathetic?"

"Hey!" Crusher reached to try to take back his notebook, but the lavender truck threw it Kiko. "Give it back!"

"Want this back, dweeb?" Kiko smirked and opened the notebook. "You can have it back... in shreds!"

Crusher whimpered as he watched the trio rip the notebook into bits. Auburn grabbed it last and dropped it on the ground to squish under his tires before turning to notice the dark blue truck with a smirk.

"Aw, what's wrong, nerd boy?" he taunted. "Gonna cry? Gonna cry like the baby you are?"

"Or like the adopted dweeb he is," Kiko snickered.

"You really are pathetic, aren't ya, book nerd?" Paula snorted. "No wonder you had to be adopted! Bet you were a failed abortion to your real parents!"