Chapter-11 | Who?

After bidding them bye, I met my manager and told him that I needed to leave

After bidding them bye, I met my manager and told him that I needed to leave. He is a really understanding man who had been by my side from my first day as an artist of Big Hit. He told me to be careful and left.

Ari was just outside the venue when I came out. The reporters luckily did not see me so, I made my way into the car safely. The first thing she said after I entered the car is, "Okay, spill. Are Bangtan boys your soulmates?"

"Dude, let me get myself together first. And yes, they are apparently. I still cannot believe it. The universe works the way we don't expect it to." I replied still comprehensive if this was real.

"Please, if there's anyone deserving to be a part of their soul, it's you. Don't you doubt yourself. It's the start of your new life. You need to accept whatever happened before and move on. I want the old Y/n back." She looked at me with a gaze full of hope.

It made me sad. No matter how much I tried, the guilt never went away. But, maybe she's right. I needed to start trying harder.

"You said mom wanted to meet me. Let's not keep her waiting." I changed the topic instead. She just nodded and started driving to my house. On the way home, I just kept on thinking about my soulmates and how my life was about to change from then on.

After reaching home, Ari left saying it's late and she had work the next morning. I thanked her and started walking inside the house.

The first thing I saw after entering through the door was my mom sitting on the couch. She heard me come inside and turned around to smile at me.

I gulped feeling nervous about talking to her about the day. After that incident, everything had changed. Me and my mom did not share the same strong bond we used to. We'd drifted apart.

"Mom, how've you been?", I started the conversation walking towards the living room. "Busy as always, but of course I had to make time today. It's my daughter's birthday." She replied when I sat down next to her.

"I missed you, mom. But, it's okay. I know you're working hard for me.", I hugged her. She hugged me back tighter and asked, "Now that you've met your soulmate today, can I know who are they so that I can start preparing my speech to let them know 101 ways that I can apply to hurt them if they don't appreciate my child and prepare your wedding as well?"

"Mom!", I pulled back from the hug and she started laughing. "Okay, jokes aside. Who is your soulmate? You know I've always dreamt about this day and your dad had too."

"Okay, please don't freak out. It's the group I always talk about, BTS. The whole group." Mom stayed shook for five whole minutes that I almost freaked out if something was wrong with her. Then she said, smiling, "I knew it! I knew they were the one, sorry seven, for you."

Then, it's my turn to be shocked. "How? What? Why are you so cool about it?"

"Should I be scolding you? It was obvious from the beginning, dear. Whenever you were talking about them, your eyes sparkled and the emotion only soulmates can feel for each other reflected in your eyes."