Chapter 29 | Mikrokosmos

"Mom!" I eagerly ran to hug my mom tight

"Mom!" I eagerly ran to hug my mom tight. She laughed a hearty laugh and returned my hug just as tight. I couldn't help the tears that were forming when her scent engulfed me.

It had been a few weeks since I last met her. Even though I was pretty used to her travelling around for work- especially because of my best friends and soul mates, the past week had been really difficult for me.

I had really missed her and the comfort her presence seemed to always carry.

"My baby, how are you? I wanted to see how you were doing after all that happened so I rushed here. And don't worry, I'll be taking care of the one who instigated all that." She patted my head like she used to do whenever I got sad.

"I'm okay, mom. I was okay with them by my side." I pulled back from the hug and smiled brightly at her. Her eyes had turned teary when she returned my smile. She then turned to look at my soul mates, who had been standing quietly watching us talk.

"Let's go inside and talk, yeah? Come in, please." She ushered us all in. We all went inside the house I used to live in before I moved in with my soul mates. It was because they didn't want me to be alone when I was clearly not okay and we just didn't want to stay away from each other.

Sitting in between Jungkook and Taehyung on the couch, I noticed the tensed atmosphere. I frowned when I noticed it was because my soul mates were nervous. Before I could whisper to either Jungkook or Taehyung, my mom beat me to it.

"Don't be so nervous. I have nothing against you guys." She chuckled and the guys slowly relaxed. As for me, I was happy because their nervousness was getting overwhelming. I nodded to show my agreement.

"You know, when Y/n got accepted to become a trainee and shortly after she became your fan, any short visits she would pay her dad and I, she never shut up about how amazing you were. She did not shut up with it until she got us interested in your works (music)." Her saying that got the guys to chuckle and pass me a sly glance, which I returned with a glare even though I could feel my cheeks burning.

"Is that so?" Joon asked, seemingly in disbelief. My mom nodded and started narrating how I used to fangirl and act about them. The guys were attentive to every word she said, leaving me to sulk. They were so gonna tease me about all that later.

The conversation suddenly took a turn to my childhood incidents and embarrassing moments. When she reached the part about me taking part in a singing competition and losing, I knew I had to interrupt.

"Mom, they don't have to know that." I sulked, embarrassed that she was exposing me. She shrugged in return. "There's nothing wrong with them knowing it. Besides, I was just trying to say that I knew you had some sort of connection to them. Experience, you know?" She winked and I groaned.

"Okay, okay. That's enough, thank you mom." She laughed and stood up. "You're most welcome. Now, excuse me for a bit. I'll get started on preparing the lunch. Why don't you show them around?"