Chapter-18 | everything goes

BTS POV

BTS POV

Y/n left for learning a new dance for her upcoming single, but the guys stayed behind to have a word with Bang PD about the new trouble they'd encountered, Alex. The older ones narrated whatever they knew to the man who thought of himself as an uncle for the sweet, innocent girl while the younger ones were trying to calm themselves.

After the whole narrating thing was over, the guys looked at their PD-nim who was lost deep in his thoughts. A while later, he cleared his throat seeing the impatient group looking up at him as if he was the solution to all their problems. "I think you should tell y/n about this first." The guys were about to cut in between but he raised his hand, indicating them to remain quiet.

"I understand that you think knowing this will hurt her and it will for sure, but she needs to know about it. Look, we have no clue what he's about to do with that picture and about his plan and y/n might be the only one who can think of something."

"Think of something for what?" Everyone was shocked to hear your voice. All of them turned their faces towards the door of the office to see you standing there with a confused face. "Oh y/n, what a perfect timing! We were just about to call you here again." Bang PD ushered you in and the guys all shared a nervous look.

"Oh, I just remembered that I had forgotten to inform you about something before, so I came back. But, is everything okay?" You asked noticing the tense atmosphere.

Y/n's POV

No one spoke a word after I asked that question. They all seemed to be thinking about how to get to that topic, so I asked again. "You're all making me nervous. What is going on?"

"How did your talk with Alex go today y/n?" Bang PD asked instead. How did he know about that? I glanced at the guys just to see them avoiding eye contact with me. "I- it was okay. He apologized." I kept it short passing Bang PD a skeptical look.

"Okay fine, I'll tell you. But, promise me. Promise me you'd be calm and don't jump into conclusions thinking that we're lying, okay?" I nodded and mumbled a small 'promise', feeling extremely tensed. He then proceeded to tell me the whole thing about Alex leaving me in disbelief.

"Are you sure it was him? Maybe it was someone else? I know, Alex. C'mon, I know him! He would not do that. He's not like that." I immediately started denying all those things he claimed the guys had heard. Alex would never do those things to me. He even apologized.

But, you had also thought he would never cheat on you. My subconscious thought threw at me. It was different, it was because he found his soul mate. His soul mate, he already found his soul mate so why would he even do that? I argued back in my head.

"I'm really sorry y/n. I also wish it wasn't true, but please trust us. We're not lying." Hobi took my hand in his and started caressing it. I did not even notice that they had been trembling. They all looked nervous and panicked like at any second, I'd accuse them of some crime.

"No, no. I trust you guys. I know you would never involve uncle with this if you were lying. But, it really must've been a misunderstanding. Alex wouldn't do that." At this point, it felt like I was reassuring myself on this matter. "But, what if it's not? I really don't want to see you hurt, but we must also be prepared if he does something to you. We wouldn't be able to stand seeing something happening to you."

"I'll get someone to check if Alex is really planning something. And if he is, I'll make sure he doesn't get to do you any harm." Uncle Sihyuk spoke after a while of staying quiet. "Yes, please do that." The guys agreed.

"You don't have to. If he really said all that, then I know what he'd do." I refused his offer. If he really was planning all that, I'd find out about it myself. None of them should be dragged into this whole fiasco because of me. "I know someone from college whom Alex is close to. I can ask him about it. He'd not tell me what he's planning, but if he's planning then his friend would give it away once I start talking to him."

"Do you have any idea as to what he might be trying to do?" Yoongi asked his voice filled with concern. I nodded as I did have some ideas about that. "He'd reveal that you guys are my soul mates and that even after knowing about you being my soul mates, I am in a relationship with him or something like I was in a relationship with him, but I cheated once I found out you were my soul mates."

"Are you sure about that?" He asked again with a hopeful tone. He must have felt that we could reveal that before he does and well, also deny me dating Alex if he creates such a rumor. "Yeah, there's not much information he knows about me after I moved here from US." There was one thing he knew, but he'd never go that low just to have me, right?

After all that, I stood up and said that I wanted some time to myself and went home. On the way home, I couldn't stop thinking about whatever that had just happened at the office. I wanted to deny everything that the guys said, but I knew that they wouldn't be doing such things just to get me away from Alex when I'd already told them that I wanted nothing to do with him and even involve uncle Sihyuk just for that.

That night, I couldn't fall asleep. I should've been feeling hurt knowing about all those things, but I felt numb. I wasn't mad at Alex, I wasn't hurt knowing about it. I just felt numb. I had just found out that someone who I had called my best friend for more than fifteen years was someone I had not known at all.

 I had just found out that someone who I had called my best friend for more than fifteen years was someone I had not known at all